I really liked the prayers from our church Youtube service the other day, which I have transcribed, and I wanted to share them as they articulate all the things I've been praying and thinking about. Even if you aren't someone who prays, thinking about these issues is important and giving them some time!
I'm glad that I am able to talk to God about these things and share my fears and give petitions.
"We pray this morning for our world, your world. Such great turmoil and distress. We ask for your guidance for all those who bear heavy responsibilities for making International, national and local decisions. For world leaders, for our government and opposition as they seek to make the correct decisions. For our local councils as they continue to provide services in our local community.
for scientists as they examine data and explore options and for researchers they work to find antidotes and vaccines. Father, may they act with honesty, transparency and integrity, with clarity of thought and an ability to admit and to learn from mistakes. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
We pray for those who feel that they have a very uncertain future, with no work, reduced income, for those who now rely on food banks, for those who have become homeless. Father, give them your reassurances and help them, to commit their future to you. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
We pray for those who are alone and unable to meet friends or family. Father let them be aware of your presence and your friendship.
We pray for those who are exhausted, with much more work than usual and with unaccustomed roles. for health professionals and all who are working in hospitals. for those who work in crematoriums and funeral parlours, for those who deliver food and supplies and post. For supermarket workers and takeaway food suppliers, for those who work for foodbanks. For parents who are having to homeschool their children. For teachers designing online work and teaching children of keyworkers. For children and young people who should be at school and college. Father renew their strength and stamina.
As we remember young people, we think of young families- be with these families as they cope wiht limited outings, who are not able to see relatives and friends. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
Ass we bring our own congregation to you, bless all preachers and those leading flocks. Thank you that we have the technology to lead and connect. Help us to reach out to those who can't do this.
Pray for all those who are sad because someone they know or love is ill or has died. Also for those who are unwell and have other needs. In the quiet moment, we lift up others known to us.
Father, uphold and comfort them and help them to know your presence. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
Father. help us to remember your love to us and the certainty and hope we have in you. Thank you for the constance we have in our families, in our friends, in the season of Spring surrounding us. And for your unfailing love surrounding us and your saving Grace, that no matter what we have done and whatever happens, you are God who is Emmanuel, God with us, who walks with us through everything.
Merciful Father, accept our prayer for the sake of your son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I've been praying similar prayers everyday as well. I've been praying with groups on Zoom and it has worked relatively well. I like solitude so I'm not impacted as much as my husband as he's an extrovert and like being around people. It must be very difficult for young families with young kids and teenagers especially.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that things will never be the same.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia
Amen!
ReplyDeleteAmen! I do pray and the words here express what is in our heart for this difficult time very well.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful prayers Kezzie. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAmen! So we'll thought out, expressing thoughts and concerns for the many different people affected in different ways. I understand that many folk connected with bereavement service/funeral directors are finding it especially hard. They are unable to offer the support which they usually do, because of the rules around covid19.(eg. mourners visiting the chapel of rest) These makes it harder for them to comfort the bereaved, and these kind workers feel helpless. We need to pray for them all, not just NHS staff. Thankyou for sharing these words
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this. I miss attending our local church, but do take a moment every morning to speak to our Lord to ask for guidance during this most difficult of times.
ReplyDeleteThank you for dropping by the blog and leaving me your lovely comments. Take care x
Amen
ReplyDeleteAmen. Many of my friends and former co-workers are holding the "thin blue line" against the cruelty and chaos compounded by the pandemic. As one 20-year veteran has said: "My day begins and ends with a prayer for mercy. God have mercy."
ReplyDeleteThose really are beautiful prayers! Thanks, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteThank you for transcribing the prayers they are much needed at this time x
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful prayer... thank you for sharing this, Kezzie. I find myself praying in a very similar manner on my morning walks. And I pray for all of you, my blogging friends. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteAmen.
All the best Jan