Fear not, if you missed it... go back to this post to try the questions.
I'll waffle for a bit so you can avoid seeing the answers...
I've been doing online training for school this week - we've been doing more courses. These are fairly mixed in terms of how I am getting on with these.
For my school music lessons this week, I've decided to focus on the children experimenting with some fabulous music programs that are free online. I've written explanations and ideas for how to use them which I've found to be good for me because I've discovered some new musical programs and it's made me think about ideas for how the children can use them to apply musical concepts and ideas such as exploring textures such as antiphony, polyphony, homophony and monophony but as well, enabling them to apply mathematical skills (lines of symmetry, factors, doubling and halving) to musical composing- I've been asked to set the teachers some CPD to do for music- I've asked them to research a composer who their children will study but I'd like them to explore one of the music programs which I know they could use cross-curricularly for Maths, so that's good. I'd be really happy if a teacher chose to use this in their maths lesson one time!
Highlights of the day:
- Family zoom quiz where I used the Google Doodle of the Theremin to play well-known tunes which they had to guess- everyone enjoyed it!
- Belgian Chocolate choux pastry buns
- Nettle soup with fried nettles on top
- Goat cheese on crackers.
- A quick walk round the fields full of Stitchwort.
- Hilarious Whatsapp banter with my family.
- Making Mr Pineapple and Kreeket dance to my Tonematrix music (one of the music technology programs I've been using)
- Listening to the dawn chorus.
- A fabulous omelette!
And here are the answers
Answers:
1. The Goonies
2. Treasure Island (Bonus Ben Gunn)
3. Grace O’Malley
4. Jules Verne
5. 15 x 20,000 / 5 + 2 = 60,002
6. “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ” said Peter Pan. (0.25 per correct quote)
7. The Dawn Treader
8. Horatio Hornblower
9. The Napoleonic wars
10. Korngold (Errol Flynn)
I only knew no. 4 :-) It's lovely to list the highlights of one's day - I've been trying to do the same in my journal! Thumbs up for Belgian chocolate choux pastry buns! xxx
ReplyDeleteWe had fun having afternoon tea on the front drive and chatting to our neighbours, we also took part in a zoom chat with family and enjoyed the WW2 quiz organised by Kath and Mary. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx
ReplyDeleteHi dear, your blog is so beautiful. I really like it.
ReplyDeleteFollow for follow? I already follow you. Btw I am the new one and I would appreciate it.
I knew only 4th for sure, 7th question I got half right but had to look it up to make sure. I had to look some of the rest as well.
ReplyDelete