Friday, October 09, 2020

A delicious Vegan meal


Two weeks before Lockdown began, back in March, when I was in my mad busy month of concerts, I got a lift with my work colleague who lives in Walthamstow.  I had a rehearsal for Forest Philharmonic orchestra who rehearse in Walthamstow but it's a right pain to get to by Public transport from my school so I went early with my colleague so I could get a lift.  She dropped me off on the main road so I could go and seek somewhere to get some dinner whilst I waited.  
I walked up and down the long road, looking at menus, trying to find something reasonable but healthy but different.
Eventually, I settled on a cafe (wish I could remember the name) which had a HUGE menu.
The dish I chose was an Aubergine and tofu in batter stack, served with spinach.
When it arrived, I was delighted!  It was utterly delicious!!!! 
I vowed that I would return to this cafe before my next rehearsal to eat this again...or try another item from a highly interesting menu.

Then lockdown happened, the rehearsals and concert were cancelled.

One day, I will return!

6 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully one day you can return. (lets hope it survives) so many places struggling to keep afloat and no live music or shows, feels very odd. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trading at Walthamstow although I've never been further than the venue car park! That looks delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! We must all have growing lists for when life goes back to normal.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks mouth-wateringly delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy...I hope you'll return to this cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)