![]() |
| Image borrowed from http://www.combom.co.uk/2014_09_21_archive.html but original images belong to the BBC. |
Greetings on this fine (?) TARDIS Tuesday.
Today, I am returning to my favourite Who assistant, the irrepressible Clara Oswald, to a Series 8 outfit from The Caretaker.
I've already 'cosplayed' (AKA done an outfit!) the other Clara outfit in this episode and I decided to do the other outfit today. I've had all the items for a long time now. The shirt (New Look) and skirt (Topshop) are both charity-shopped, the shoes are Clarks and the Collar clips are from Flapper Doodle. Mine aren't the Ladybird likes moons but since the shape is similar, that's close enough for cricket, eh?
Believe it or not, this is an incredibly comfortable outfit. I can fit about 5 layers under this shirt so I've enjoyed wearing it on colder days and despite the skirt not being my fit and flare usual, it actually fits ok. It is very thick tapestry material
I have a sewing question. I would like to create some new button holes to be able to wear this shirt done up to the top (it needs two more buttons)- can I do this very easily by sewing? How would I do this please?
So, it's over to you.
Maricel is taking a little hiatus from blogging TARDIS Tuesday for a little while, so I am the temporary Caretaker of it (see what I did there?) for a little while after this week- so please help me keep the dream alive and link your blue, Clara-esque outfits, TARDIS badges and homages to Tom Baker! She'll be back of course but please go and help encourage her back by going to say Hi here ! ;-) because I shall miss my illustrious leader and Who fan girl. It is very nice of her to stop me from pining irretrievably, by allowing me to continue it in the meantime.
I hope all is well with you.
xx
Maricel is taking a little hiatus from blogging TARDIS Tuesday for a little while, so I am the temporary Caretaker of it (see what I did there?) for a little while after this week- so please help me keep the dream alive and link your blue, Clara-esque outfits, TARDIS badges and homages to Tom Baker! She'll be back of course but please go and help encourage her back by going to say Hi here ! ;-) because I shall miss my illustrious leader and Who fan girl. It is very nice of her to stop me from pining irretrievably, by allowing me to continue it in the meantime.
I hope all is well with you.
xx





It is not too difficult to do buttonholes but hard to explain the easy shortcuts - When I get back from holiday I shall email you about it!!
ReplyDeleteI find hand sewing buttonholes a real pain, always use the machine function. Love this skirt, it's not the kind of shape I'd usually go for but I really like the tapestry fabric.
ReplyDeleteYou look great in your Caretaker outfit!
ReplyDeleteCute collar clips!
ReplyDeleteIf you have a sewing machine you can use the buttonhole setting or just make a very small closetogether zigzag in a rectangle the size of the button and then slit the fabric in the middle afterwards.
Glad you stepped into the breech or my post would have been left hanging!
Jazzy Jack
You look so cute, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteLove the skirt, I do like the tapestry effect.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
You're outfit is sheer perfection! Huge love for tapestry skirts and this whole outfit looks like it was made for you, not Clara! xx
ReplyDeleteSpot on Kezzie, I LOVE your skirt! x
ReplyDeleteWow you did an awesome job on the matching, probably the best yet in my opinion. Your skirt is actually much nice than hers though, a great find. Still loving that pretty hair style too, really suits you. Ah and yes those beautiful legs once more wrapped in gorgeous tights!!! I enjoyed them so much, dear, really appreciate these shots, especially number one. Hope your day is filled with smiles.
ReplyDeleteAll Things Bright and Lovely
That's one heck of a fabulous outfit! I love the skirt and the claret colour of the blouse looks stunning on you.xxx
ReplyDeleteYou got this absolutely spot on! What a fabulous skirt (and I love what you did with the Caretaker there)
ReplyDeleteFor buttonholes it's a sewing machine job, I can't imagine trying to do it by hand!
Very beautiful skirts but my favorite is the second floral skirt
ReplyDeleteI love your blog
I hope you will like mine
www.welovefur.com
Well since I have never seen an episode of Dr. Who I'm assuming that having just a bit of blue in my outfit is okay. And also, since it is called Tardis...I guess it is okay that I'm late.
ReplyDeleteI adore the tapestry print on the skirt and also those great clips.
bisous
Suzanne
The skirt isn't what I usually go for either but I'm loving this style at the moment! I'm keeping my eyes open for something similar.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy your trip to Birmingham :D
you look absolutely gorgeous! That skirt is amazing....probably my fav outfit by you so far!!!
ReplyDeleteExcellent Clara imitation.
ReplyDeleteDon't you look fab! I should get a photo in my raincoat and join in Tardis Tuesday! xx
ReplyDelete