Every so often, there's a collection or a designer or a range of clothing that completely captures my heart and makes me long for some items!
Enter, Miss Patina London. The brand came to my attention through Doctor Who back in August. I saw that a fan site listed Clara Oswald's dress from the recent Under the Lake as being the Miss Patina Primrose dress. It had sold out but I had a look at their online collection and when I was last in London, made a point of going to Topshop, Oxford Street so I could see their garments in person. I loved them in person as much as online.
Their designs are whimsical, ladylike, quirky and original with a very pretty femine vintage edge to their designs with a contemporary twist. Definitely the most dreamy collection of clothes I have seen in a while.
When I saw that they had a cat collection I was smitten. When I saw there were cats playing an assortment of instruments, it felt like they were made for me!
My lovely blogging friend Char shows her Friday favourites and I thought today, I'd share mine!

Aristocat dress- navy
I saw this dress had a beautiful collar on it and then it had instrument-playing cats and I thought this was such a fun garment! Long-sleeves for the winter and all.

The Love Cat dress is somewhat more conventional with its dogtooth pattern if you're not sure about the novelty print but stands out from the crowd...

...because it has a real statement collar!

The Letterman cardigan is a way of showing your cat appreciation in a more subtle yet fun manner and how cosy does it look! I keep thinking I'd like to keep a big cosy cardigan on the back of my chair at work to put on when I'm cold and this one looks perfect!

The Love Cat shirt features that oh so beautiful collar and the simplicity of this work makes it savvy for a working day in the office but with a cheeky rebellious touch with that darling collar!

Aristocat blouse- Navy
I saw this new arrival and felt that if I bought any of the items, this would be the one that won me most over because it features the two aspects of this collection I love best- the beautiful collar and that musical cat print.

And here's a sneaky close-up of the print! Alas, the cat on the top right is playing his violin with the wrong hands though Double-bass cat is doing fine!

Aristocat blouse (pink)
Here's the same blouse in pink. Not sure which one I like best.

Kitten-Kitsch dress
The kitten kitsch is definitely channelling a 70's vibe with its shape and skirt- it reminds me of the 1970's vintage dress I picked up in April. Pretty and practical in that denim and with cute cat shoulder details!


Paws for thought Jumper
We all love cats, right? We love novelty jumpers, right? We love a good collar, right?
The Paws for thought jumper compasses all three and check out those tiny pink paw prints on the collar! Perfection in a jumper.

Feline Fling skirt
And in case cats are your thing, then look at the Feline Fling skirt (also comes in grey)- a beautiful shelf with various cat poses around the hem- this is again a more sophisticated nod to your cat ardour!
Miss Patina, I am indeed the Smitten Kitten. Bravo for such a lovely collection!
And in case cats aren't your thing- they have some other amazing collections including one using cakes and pastries like the Sweet Treat jumper, The Flitter Flutter eyelash cardigan and the 'I am a poem' jumper
Over to you: What do you think? Do you love these items as much as I do and have you come across Miss Patina?
xx
W-o-w, dear Kezzie! I was going to say that I loved the first dress, with the cat print, then I saw one collar and loved it, then I saw more colors and styles and looooved all! Guess what, I am going to write for a friend who has cats to show this post and she will love it!!!! Hugs and kisses, and a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
YASSS! Thoroughly smitten! And I'm nowhere near a cat person! Too bad the prices are a bit too steep for me, so I shall have to live vicariously through you. You ARE getting something from this collection, yes? I was all over the skirt and the pink print top but I think you would so rock the dress and cardi!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a cat person but I loooove the last skirt!
ReplyDeleteOh dear Kezzie, I'm not into fashion but I simply love, love them all. They are the cats's meow as far as I'm concerned. They are so you and you would look right at home in any of those dresses and outfit.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you describe their attributes. Your commentary is right on.
I hope that you'll be good to yourself or maybe Santa can get you one for Christmas or even before.
Have a spectacular weekend.
Hugs,
JB
Those cat collars are darling!!! This site has some really unique pieces...I love everything you selected...dresses, skirts, shirts...it's all brilliant.
ReplyDeleteAwwww indeed, how perfect that this top was included as it could have been the title of the post. The cat collars are so clever and the musi-cats are a hoot! Anyone who loves cats this much has to be an amazing person :)
ReplyDeleteI love that dogtooth dress, and the cute collars...oh my word, I'm dying over them!!
ReplyDeleteGems x
Fashion, Well Done
MEEE-ow! Aren't they all lovely. That cat collar is very clever; I have a pink fuzzy scarf along those same lines.
ReplyDeleteCan you not have a left-handed violin player????
Zxx
My credit card is twitching!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, those collars are amazing! It's like an illustrator, modern art and fashion collided! I do love the way they dress up Jenna for the role of Clara, she's been the only companion whose style I've really wanted to pick tips and bits from. I love the print on the last skirt too, so cute! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteIf only they came in bigger size (although my bank balance is probably thanking me). I absolutely adore the cat collar and kitty prints, just perfect.
ReplyDeleteThese are cute and very feminine. I'm partial to the very first dress. BTW, I'm keeping an eye out for Mr. Badger. Thanks for sending him my way! :)
ReplyDeleteTotally in love with all of them
ReplyDeleteAs an ex-violin player, you'd think they'd get that round the right way!!! Apart from that niggle, that print is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteOh wow I love the cat print dress...so lovelyx
ReplyDeleteOh wow I love the cat print dress...so lovelyx
ReplyDeleteThose clothes definitely have your name on them.
ReplyDeleteI love the skirt. I bet you could make a cat collar if you put your mind to it.
Lisa x
Oh my goodness, I love this. I haven't been on the Miss Patina site in at least a year, but that musical cat print is just so perfect. I really love the collar as well.
ReplyDeleteOH WOW I'm so pleased I found this post, you are right- I absolutely love it. The kittys are absolutely adorable. How creative is the cat collar.
ReplyDelete