Saturday, July 26, 2014

Snippety snip!

20140724_203305

Despite Ang's not being able to imagine me without my long swinging locks as part of my style, I went for the snip on Wednesday afternoon.  Alas, I chickened out of the chin-length flapper bob that I wanted to have but next time...  It's a bit of a shock but like every time I have it cut (usually to shoulder level), I always love it and never regret it.  Well, this time is no different except that I think it's actually a bit wonky!
And now I can wear this hat again as it looks silly with long hair!
20140724_203457

I was TRYING to use CBC's Samsung propped up against a bookstand on the picnic table for this as my camera battery is dead but the light was all a little weird.  I decided to do  monochrome look. I went over to my dear Canadian friend's flat to keep her company on her last day (before she returns home tomorrow) today as she tried to pack.  I just felt sad but we kept jolly as she tried to dispose of a zillion and one items. Honestly, if you ever move to a different country temporarily, DO NOT TAKE MANY THINGS WITH YOU!!!  She had to get rid of loads of items. We (and she earlier) took bags and bags to the charity shops and I ended up with a huge bag of items of cosmetics, a few clothes and trinklets. The polka dot vest-top was hers- I went to try it on in her bathroom and kept it on- I quite like the contrast in the anti-polka dot cardigan(you know matter, anti-matter, polka dots, anti-polka dots...No?)
CBC was in a BIG mood as I was buying her chest of drawers from her- we had to manhandle a chest of drawers across the town centre to the car park!
But as we said, it's not goodbye, it's just 'See you later' as we will keep in touch and hopefully visit each other.

xx

Linking with the fabulous Style Crone's HAT ATTACK!

x



17 comments:

  1. Oh I love it - you are SO brave.
    You didn't say what CBC thought [or is he sulking behind the chest of drawers?] Was that a misprint, or did you mean to say 'trinklets' - it is a lovely little word - visions of beads and bracelets, and tinkling trinkets....
    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks lovely! I keep thinking abut a long bob and then chickening out. Maybe one day I will.

    The world is a much smaller place these days with Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNAP!!!! Our hair is exactly the same, I had mine cut yesterday. So sad that your friend is moving back home, I am sure you will still stay in contact and I have to say polka dot on polka dot, looks amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your hair is cute that length. Thanks for noticing the followers on GFC. Just that I have many people come to my hop but then they are not following me on GFC? That doesn't make much sense? LOL Great to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your haircut! I can't wait to see more of it in other pictures, maybe without a hat. It's always fun to have a change.

    And I love your contrasting dots and theory of matter and anti-matter (black holes and white holes?)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great! i used to have really long hair but short hair is so much easier :)

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going for a bob next haircut. My ends are all split. You have lovely hair.

    So sad that your friend is moving but at least you'll have a nice place to visit. Every cloud...

    Caroline
    www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks just great on you! I'm sorry your friend has to move back here, but maybe you will get a chance to visit her! Where in Canada does she live? Anywhere near Vancouver Island? Then you could visit me too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair and your necklace are both so cute. What a doll you are! xoxo

    http://downwithpants1969.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks really good at a shorter length, and I think you would rock a sharp 1920s-style bob!
    Ahh, it's a shame your friend is going back home but let's hope you can plan a trip to go and see her sometime! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the new hairstyle! Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my dear!! I really love your new hairstyle, this length is so flattering and pretty on you! I hope you're enjoying the summer holidays, a well deserved break!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new bob, mid-length hairstyles are my favourite at the moment.
    Plus I really love the opposite polka dots worn together. I am so stealing this for my wardrobe!

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  14. It really suits you and its definitely very much your style. That bravery paid off! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cut! You have nice hair and it looks good no matter what. I love how you are a hat person. I can't wear hats well AT ALL. My head is long from front to back, not really round, so hats rarely fit me unless they are very flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:54 am

    It suits you! I'd love to see you with a bob x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)