TwI do love a good set of stripes!!! The Two Birds inspiration for today's Inspiration Monday was the above lady with stripes and a short skirt!! I knew that I'd have to make mine school appropriate so decided to don black leggings to complete the look. When I bought this stripy and lacy sunflower top in TK Maxx around a year or two ago, it was completely on a whim. I just saw it and loved it, didn't bother trying it on. It's quite hard to get your head into (tight neck with no give) but once on, v comfortable. The skirt is from Forever 21 but it's Canadian F21- my work colleague gave it to me as it was too small for her. I wasn't totally sold on it at first but I really like it here. Finally teamed with Aldo heels, white lacy headband and daisy earrings.


Today, I taught my year 6's music for the last time. Well, one class is off to play the Gamelan next week but I will be accompanying them but not teaching them and the following Monday is school concert rehearsal. When I look back at the HORROR class they were in year 1 and think how much affection I have for them now, it's really funny! They were my first year 1 classes I ever taught and year 1 is my least favourite year group to teach, so the fact that they were naughty, made it even harder, particularly as I was new to teaching music. They have grown as musicians and I love the genuine liking and passion for music they have- boys who think classical music is cool and always used to come to me after singing assembly to ask for copies of the music so they could sing it at home. I feel genuinely sad to lose them and that's the whole class, not just some of them. One of the 'cool boys', when I said that it was their last lesson said, "I have to say that you are the best music teacher we've had," (at which point I replied that they'd only had another teacher for one term before me, 7 years ago!).
Tomorrow, my senior recorder group is staying after school till 5 to practice and prepare for their recorder exam. I've gathered some snacks and juice for them and it was all going to be so smooth for their exam on Thursday until I discovered my school is closed on Thursday because of the strike (My union is not striking). I'm not saying anything to do with the strike but I am reeeeeeeeeally annoyed that it's got to be rescheduled- hoping the examiner can do next week instead. Lucky it's our AST and she is kind!
I had a marvellous weekend in Herefordshire which I will share with you anon.
Hugs to all.
xxx
You will always be the best music teacher they have ever had, you have so much passion for music and teaching. Nobody could be better than you.
ReplyDeleteThat's Kerri Russell. She is a famous actress here and grew up not far from our home!
ReplyDeleteYou look cute in that snazzy style!
Your outfit is very cute! I'm sure you are the best music teacher they will ever have and they will look back and know it! I am amazed that your school is still in session during July. Does it start up again late? Here we finish at the end of June and start up again in the first week of September. Our teachers are on strike though which ended the school year a week earlier than usual.
ReplyDeleteYou look so adorable!
xoxo
Must be wonderful to see such progress in them. Certainly a testimony to the skill and love you bring to the job. Your top is adorable, glad you gave it a chance because it is so bright and fun. And your legs look amazing in those leggings. Tres wow, dear :))) xo
ReplyDeleteCutie, I love the print on the top! x
ReplyDeleteLoving your top Kezzie, sweet print :)
ReplyDeleteSweet print on your top Kezzie. Very pretty x
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely top, the print is super groovy! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely top. Sunflowers are the one thing I've never been able to grow sucessfully.
ReplyDeleteSquee, this top is soooo cute! It's totally you, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love stripes with florals. Super cute take on the original!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk
Stripes and florals are the perfect combination! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous style inspiration and personal take on the outfit! The sunflowers are so fun and I love how you make the look more wearable and unique to you. It's definitely a bittersweet time for you as your older kids are heading out, but it's touching to see how much they appreciate you--I'm sure they've developed into life-long music lovers.
ReplyDeleteAs for your question, I did get a seasonal job at my local Nordstrom!
Have a beautiful week!
Excellent sunflower-daisy combo xxx
ReplyDeleteI like this top on you. Aw that was sweet that he said that!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet top and I like the shape of the skirt. Looks good, your heels are much more sensible!
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Such a cute outfit. It is so hard to see the kidlets go, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLove the sunflower top.
ReplyDeleteI have the same kind of sadness when kids move up and on from guides, but I'm sure it must eb a lot worse if you're teaching them more regularly.