Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Post 1000: March Photo Scavenger Hunt

I think one of the reasons I love these Scavenger Hunts is my love of mystery- finding something - takes me back to my much-mentioned love of Enid Blyton and my sadness that I have never found real treasure OR a secret passage! 

But whilst I dream longingly of both of those, here are some items I found for Greenthumb's March Scavenger Hunt:

M is for ?
M is for moorhen
Moorhens!!!! I stalked the birds in the park in determined search for a moorhen and found one!

9 am
-----


Berries
Berries
I have tried to take photos of several lots of berries and they always blur!!! Weird!

Lit up
Lit up
One of the nicest Christmas pressies I've ever been bought thanks to CBC.  I wanted a tiffany lamp for years, since I first heard of them when Hale and Pace were on some sort of TV programme where they learnt to design clothes and their suits had buttons inspired by tiffany lamps on them. I love their bright shades and classic beauty, muted light!

Grate
Grate
Grates always look grim and dirty, don't they!

Working
Working
This scene is recreated by trained professional actors. This is me working on a daily basis! ;-)

Brickwork
Brickwork 2

Brickwork 1
Station brick chic!

Cutlery
IMG_2115
A handy tool for spying on what's going on behind you!

Flowers
IMG_2055
Beautiful blooms at Hylands House!
IMG_2048
The most glorious tree filled with blossom at Hylands House.  It was astonishing to see this when none of the others had any on them!


Crisp
-------
Ticket
Tickets
I found this old photo album of my youth orchestra's tour to Italy in 1994- tickets I'd kept from excursions!

A coloured door
Coloured door 2

Coloured door 1
Surprisingly hard to find any doors that aren't white near where I live so I went further afield!

15 comments:

  1. This looks like such fun! A great way to really look at different things and get out exploring. I love your little Tiffany lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blossoms are lovely, a proper sign that Spring's here! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name of that coffee shop!
    I also love your lamp, very stylish.
    That blossom is so pretty, the photo should be named the same as the coffee shop!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt, I really like you photos of flowers, brickwork and lit up. I think you forgot to add your self to the scavenger hunt link. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you moorhen for M and great shot for cutlery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for trees to blossom here...in the meantime, I will enjoy your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Tiffany lamp is beautiful as are those berries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tree is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to like doing these but don't seem to have the time these days!
    love your selection.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blossoms are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices for the clues - love the tree in blossom and the blue door especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bright cheery selection ~ beautiful blossoms and lovely lamp shade! What a cute little scene with the conductor bear ~ and colourful doors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kezzie! I got such a kick out of your cutlery photo, because it shows your fun sense of humor. The words Eynid Blyton catapulted me into my childhood. I used to love getting her books from the library. Moorhen for M was cool! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that blossom tree is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)