Here's the outfit I've worn for the past 2 days! In keeping with the red, white (er grey!) and blue theme!
(Never let it be said I don't try to prepare for this/make an effort, look I hung a flag (Primark scarf) to
I was so pleased to find this navy and red polka dot shirt in the Notting Hill Fara charity-shop because I have been admiring Cath Kidston's Mini dot dress since the catalogue first hit the door-step and it's almost the spitting image of it but in blouse form! Not bad for £61 less than the Cath price!
Worn with red Dorothy Perkins chinos (the first pair of tight trousers I have been tolerant of in a looooong time- I got rid of the ONE pair I showed on this blog last year because I couldn't stand the seam against my leg!)
The shoes are Primark raffia naval shoes (love shoes that use that raffia stuff round the edge!),
Accessorised with Cath Kidston soldiers handkerchief (worn as a scarf), Cath Kidston star earrings and matching Top-shop star necklace!
And here is Saturday's one that Picassa refused to allow me to upload! Stupid pose!
Since I left CBC's yesterday, I have had a fun but also slightly frustrating time doing craft-activities, many of which were/are geared towards my swaps for Lakota's FHC swap and Mary Poppins' handmade heart swap so I can't show what I've been making! Sufficed to say, that whilst effort has been maximum, results have been very frustrating! A bad workman shouldn't blame their tools but I officially loathe anything by Anita's crafts that comes in a bottle with a squeezy lid! Stupid stupid things!
Oh but one thing I WAS pleased with was this Jubilee stamp card! I had an idea in my mind that I wanted to make a large sort of stamp image but wasn't sure how I was going to achieve that!
The little Queen's head in the right-hand corner was made by cutting around a 1st class stamp whilst holding a piece of white paper underneath! There's an assortment of ribbons, recycled paper-chain materials, paper-chain box, more Lindt Easter-egg box and some nice new card! Linking up to Daring card makers June Challenge and Annie the felt fairy's Make a month, the Craft your days away June challenge and Lakota's Ta Dah Tuesday!
I went for a nice mooch round the charity-shops and craft-shops this afternoon trying to find some items for other people and then also bought things for me! Eeek! But I got a lovely Laura Ashley floral dress (modern) and a lurid vintage Windsmoor skirt! I will be getting on with reports soon but trying to put it off as long as possible! Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!
Another great card - you're so good at collage and recycling bits and pieces. Excellent instruction in patriotic mess hiding too!
ReplyDeleteThe shirt is great with the chinos, fab Jubilee outfit xx
I love your polka dot shirt! Super adorable!!
ReplyDeletein my head, even knowing how to follow directions is considered a talent, so there! =) i love the top! and i love how festive you have been this week!
ReplyDeleteAnother fab patriotic card, love it, thanks for joining our challenge at Craft your days away, Gaynor xx
ReplyDeleteLove the polka dot top, it's so cute!
ReplyDeletered trews? Good for you! I think they really suit you. Love the scarf too. Hope you haven't picked up those reports just yet ;)
ReplyDelete**FABULOUS*** My felt is 100% colourfast and so does not run. It will shrink if washed and so needs to be pre shunk or sponged down xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card ! Love your details.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining Craft Your Days Away.
Hugs Berit
lots of work gone into that card. I love your jubilee outfit, I like the use of the CK hankie!
ReplyDeletexxx
A great assortment of things. Love the card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away this fortnight and good luck.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Cathy
xxxxx