This weekend, I actually did some baking (a rarity in Kezzie-world!) in anticipation of our Jubilee tea-party at church and CBC's house barbecue (which I am now at, sheltering upstairs from the drunken renditions of The Cranberries- it's quite fun but the singing is appalling! ;-) )
We used the Susanna Blake cupcake book and decided to make summer fruit FAIRYCAKES (for you Alex if you are there?) and lemon and blueberry ones also.
Here are the finished articles of the former...
But before that, there was prep for CBC's party! We prepared 10 metres of Union Jack chains
...plumped the Tescos cushions
Strung the sad-looking bunting...
CBC chalked a Union Jack onto the pavement
Found innovative ways of hanging up the chains!
I couldn't believe making cakes was so relatively hassle-free! Why have I not tried it sooner!
The fun part was decorating the cakes with the fresh summer fruits.
CBC went a little mad with the icing sugar...
And we went a little too far with the Jubilee themed Decorations (did you realise that I chose them because of their colouring too?!)
The lemon and blueberry ones were a little more complicated, with more ingredients including polenta! But I zested a lemon for the first time! (yes, I hear you gasp and roll your eyes at this, but it's exciting for me to do something new!)
I was going to attempt to wear red,white and blue all weekend but I don't think this will last, not least that the red was solely in the earrings!! The daisy suited the colour-scheme!
I did try to make my socks match the dress though! (why do I look like a lobster?)
Hmmm, was just finishing uploading the last picture when it said I'd run out of Picasa storage and needed to buy it now! Help! Anyone know about this? What do I do??!!!
Linking to Annie the Felt Fairy's Make a month for 2012
Desserts, desserts, desserts! I am hungry all over again. Diet be damned!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
You're so cute Kezzie, I love the blue shoes and the cakes look delicious too! I didn't get to go to my Prom either so the Summer Ball was the way I did it :P xxx
ReplyDeleteEveryone is blogging about "Jubilee"!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting to me, as I never heard of it, until today! You are 100% freaking adorable, Kezzie! :D I love your cupcakes and would absolutely have one, against my safe food rules, if they were vegan because the fairycakes title is too adorable and they look too scrumptious. Mwah! :)
ReplyDeleteHow good do your cupcakes look. I think we have a Master Chef on our hands X
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Jubileee post, love the cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteAs for the storage I seem to remember lots of other people finding ways around having to buy more space but I just bit the bullet and bought some from Google cost me about £5 if I remember rightly.
xxx
what fun! you did such a great job! even the sad looking bunting is nice!
ReplyDeleteYum, CAKE!
ReplyDeleteYou did a fine job with those cakes, very professional! x
ReplyDeleteohh those desserts look so cute!! and love your socks with those shoes :D
ReplyDeleteGreat cakes! I can't believe it was your first time baking them and zesting!
ReplyDeleteI recently ran out of picasa storage - I just clicked the 'buy storage now' link and bought it - it cost $5 which worked out less than £4 and I think you have to pay that every year but then you get loads of storage - 20gb (20 x times what we had for free) so shouldn't run out again!
wow,,your cupcakes looks so professional and you make them look so easy to make too. I love the fruits decor. And the cute paper chains. Great job on the party planning Kezzie! You look so cute I love the blue color theme.
ReplyDeletemongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com
Yummy those cakes look amazing! Sounds like you've had a great time celebrating the Jubilee! Love the chalk Union Jack!
ReplyDeleteI often run out of storage space, I use photobucket if I need it that day. I think it updates everyday as sometimes I can upload the next day and others I can't x
I would like to eat all of the cakes please!!
ReplyDeleteHah I have been eyeing up those Tesco cushions, they're the cheapest I've seen-bet they're all gone now