Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dotty about you!

Hello from the depths of feeling ill misery!  I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me but I've got rotten bunged-upness, headaches, Pains in my lower back, aching tummy, feeling queasy, sore muscles and feeling generally exhausted. It just makes me think about how wonderful it is to be well!  Woe is me!
Anyway, yesterday, we had a fund-raiser at school for Children in need where we had to come in wearing spots or dots.  Everyone made a great effort I must say- there must have been a real run on spot stickers in Tescos and in all the clothes shops.   I saw this as an opportunity to wear some of my favourite clothes plus a little creativity.  I wore a red spotty scarf around my hair plus a thrifted red-spotty cardie, with Cath Kidston long-sleeved spot top underneath for warmth and on top, a blue vintage dress with red and white spots on it (plus net petticoat)

 On Wednesday, I was pondering about accessories- I wanted to be a little creative so I decided to make a necklace and earrings to go with the outfit.

All I needed to make this necklace was a star-shaped punch, a larger star-shaped cookie cutter, red and blue funkyfoam, Pebeo 3D pearlescent touch paint, and some red thread.
 The earrings proved a little more problematic until I remember I had a pair of red-heart shaped earrings that I could use to attach the stars to.

 My head was really taken with the pattern of the dress.  I quite-liked it too.
 Alas, I could not find my red-spotty ballet-pumps so I wore these red ribboned slingbacks instead.
Granny-stylie wearing of long-sleeved top underneath!

All in all, I was pleased with my effort- it's such fun getting dressed up for a specific purpose!

How are you today?

14 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you're sick! That dress is cute as can be though and you look adorable! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:23 pm

    oh, such a lovely post! doing things for children in need is so wonderful! and regarding your pain? do some yoga! i promise that it will help. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. get well soon Kezzie. I love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I have to admit to gritting my teeth when I realised I had to find spotty clothes for two boys - so much easier for mums of girls - boys don't really do polka dots! So instead I spent the evening cutting circles out of envelope labels - grr! Still I suppose it's all for a good cause.

    Hope you're feeling better soon, have a quiet weekend to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mix of fun, whimsical colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dotty outfit, I love polkadots!
    i hope you get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the dress you were unsure of the era of? It's the right length for 50s, but it's the construction that will offer the most clues - have you run through my checklist of how to date vintage clothes, that might help.

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww cute.

    Get well soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick, that's definitely a down-side of teaching, my pals catch everything from their pupils, too.
    Love the outfit and the jewellery is fabulous, you are clever!
    Get well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, Kezzie I'm so sorry that you're going through an ill spell :( It makes me so sad that you're feeling under the weather! I'll be thinking about you and hoping that you get better soon. I know you will!

    On a different note, I am just head over heels for your dress! Everything about it screams adorableness and you are just too cute for words :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I think of you, I see this outfit. This is the epitome of your personality -- bright, cheerful, smiley. I love it.

    I had a bit of the stomach queasiness, too. I don't know why, but it is lame and needs to go away now. I hope you feel better.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look cute as ever! I love the color palette. And all the polka dots are adorable! (I'm a sucker for polka dots.) Your shoes are darling, I love the ribbon. And I adore the necklace and earrings you made, I wish I was so creative! I am very glad that you're feeling well again!

    xoxo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel OK soon!
    The outfit is s sweet, every detail is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you're sick. This is a lovley outfit, both the colours & patterns are great.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)