Tuesday, July 21, 2026

This I know to be true: Natural remedy

 For me, relief and consolation have ALWAYS come from time spent in solitude in God's creation.




My poem for the week's Toy Press word of the week, Cheer, which was a while back, emphasizes this.

CBC's reaction to this was "You should stitch this and put it in a toilet" and "Your poem is saying everything is lovely when it's not. Perhaps it is a bit saccharine.  However, I think he's missing the point. The point I'm making is, it doesn't make everything lovely. But somehow, things don't seem quite as desperate after... What do you think?






Natural remedy

When my heart is troubled and heavy

And my soul needs a cheer.

I raise my eyes outwards

To behold what is near.

Sunshine, green leaves, stout trees

And birds melodiously singing,

Then my heart fills with gladness

From the blessings nature’s bringing.

Breathing deeply from an hour,

Spent strolling in fresh air.       

Then the anxieties of life seem less final

And much easier to bear.





11 comments:

  1. "Stitch this, then put it in the toilet" could be read in two different ways. I hope CBC was being positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence, and have always found it to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem and photos, Kezzie. I couldn't agree more as I've always benefited from nature's healing properties. That final photo is just divine and illustrates your poem exactly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:33 pm

    I agree that spending time in God’s creation helps us put our troubles in a more correct perspective. It doesn’t take away the problems, but time spent outside in prayer gives us the courage to to better cope with them. I love your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poem AND the photos, especially the second one. I started walking in nature when my doctor prescribed it to help with stress and anxiety. I've always found God most easily in the natural world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature has a beneficial and soothing impact on us. It has the capacity to restore us. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem which certainly does not deserve to end up in a toilet!I agree with all your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem. I find nature very healing and restorative. If more people had an appreciation of it, the world would be a much better place. I love the photo of you surrounded by nature. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sagacious poem. Nature can inspire and sustain us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful poem. I liked it so much I read it twice aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ganga Jal for Puja

    Apna Showroom’s Ganga Water for Puja is a traditional product used for religious rituals, worship ceremonies, and auspicious occasions. The use of Ganga Jal holds special Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Combs for Men and Women Lice Removal Comb - Wet Hair comb set- Pack Of 3 Hair Comb
    Apna Showroom New Born Baby Boy's and Girl's Night Suit for 0-6 Months Combo Set (4 Piece) Multicolor
    Apna Showroom New Born Baby Sweater for 0-3 Months | Pack of 3 | Woolen Inner Sweater for Kids Multicolour
    significance in Indian worship traditions. It is a convenient choice for customers looking for Ganga water for puja, Ganga Jal online, and religious worship supplies. It can be used in home shrines and during religious events.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)