Friday, July 24, 2026

Foraged Fluff in Allendale!

Today I suggested we do a walk in Allendale. I've been wanting to do the 36 mile Isaac's Tea Trail which is a circular walk that visits Alston, Allendale, Nenthead and other villages in Northumberland/Cumbria.  It follows the journey of the legendary tea seller, Isaac Golden. You can read more on https://isaacs-tea-trail.co.uk/

I discovered you could get a two hourly bus from my MiL's home to Allen Heads, a pretty village. It was a beautifully scenic bus route. 

We decided to do a stretch from Allen Heads to Allendale as my MiL had an appointment in Allendale at 3.30pm. We arrived at 12.05pm. 

The walk was a bit confusing as we didn't really have a proper OS map and had to join Isaac's trail later in the journey. 

This post is in reverse order. 
At the end, we paid our respects to the Allendaleks and the TARDIS. 


CBC loves Tweedy and Fluff, a cute little animation and we had an idea we could make a little Fluff from foraged items on our walk for Fan Art Friday. 


He is made out of Sheep's wool (found snagged on wire), Thistle flowers, a Dandelion, some stones and a stalk from a plant. 

The walk did get a bit confusing in places but did have some lovely moments. 


We saw some wild orchids. 
And some lovely art work. 

Sadly, no red squirrels. 

 We arrived in Allendale, thankful for our peaceful walk. It wasn't too difficult but I did have some toe blisters! 

We enjoyed some tea and chips in the King's Head pub.
Allendale is a beautiful town and well worth a visit. 

9 comments:

  1. Your little Fluff is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely walk in beautiful scenery

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little Fluff is SO cute! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many interesting photographs! I love the woolly characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little Fluff is so cute. Looks like a beautiful walk - hopefully more squirrels next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daleks!! Aaah!!

    When walking distances it's critical to wear comfy shoes. I hope you have some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the little fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great you enjoyed this walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Panchmukhi Hanuman Pocket Yantra

    The Panchmukhi Hanuman Pocket Yantra from Apna Showroom is inspired by traditional devotion and faith in Lord Hanuman. Its pocket-sized design makes it convenient to carry in a wallet or pocket. It is an excellent choice for those seeking a APNA SHOWROOM Bra for Women Combo Pack of 6 - Cup Size 32(B) Non-Wired Multicolor Everyday Cotton Bra 32B
    ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
    Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clips Claw Clutcher Small (Multicolour)-36 Pieces - with gifts
    Panchmukhi Hanuman Yantra, a protective talisman, or items for Hanuman worship. It can be kept for personal reverence, placed in a worship area, or carried along while traveling.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)