Thank you to those of you who sent birthday wishes, that's very kind!
I mentioned in my walk post , that I'd hoped to see some fungi on my walk on Danbury Common as I've seen some cool fungi there before.
I had two on my wishlist, Scarlet Elf Cups, Velvet Shanks and perhaps also Jelly Ears.
Would I see any though?
Saw a few little tiny toadstool poking out this log.
CBC referred to this very pink set of Turkey Tail as Crispy Bacon. He's not wrong!
We were quite excited to see these Oyster Mushrooms of some variety on a tree.
I have seen foragers "boinging" mushrooms like this online and it made me smile so I boinged these and had a nice feel of the gills.
More crispy onions!
I think this was Orange Brain fungus forming but in an early stage. It looked particularly gungy and snot-like! I didn't touch this one!
Finally, a darling little umbrella fungus!
I was happy to see a few, though sad I had not seen any on my wishlist. Was hoping for a divine birthday gifting!
I was happy to see a few, though sad I had not seen any on my wishlist. Was hoping for a divine birthday gifting!
Xx









All beautiful (in their own ways)! I see a lot of those little umbrella types and they are so cute. Mine are usually tiny!
ReplyDeleteBelated happy birthday
ReplyDeleteA belated Happy Birthday to you, Kezzie! I loved seeing the fungi you spotted on your walk. Ooh, that brain one is gross!
ReplyDeleteThe pink turkeys are very lovely.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you've heard of author Michael Pollan but he's written well-received books on food, plants, fungi, psychedelics and consciousness. I'm in the midst of reading his oeuvre which has enhanced my interest in and respect for fungi. I highly recommend his work to you for its lucid prose and deep research. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDelete