Tuesday, August 19, 2025

TARDIS Tuesday and kitties

Hello there! Greetings from my Mum's garden! CBC and I went over there for lunch today.  We had our usual customary walk around her beautiful garden to admire her prowess at growing food and flowers and then we walked to the marina to try out a new cafe called Shell's cafe.  It was really really nice with a good selection of food and nice shady tables with amusing paraphernalia on the walls of the garden.  We then walked back to her house but sadly, the sole of one of my shoes completely came off so we had to make it a shorter walk than intended.  RIP these shoes- I love them so much- so comfortable. I bought them from Primark at least 19 years ago so they have had a good innings- going to see if I can glue it back on though. We played with her kitties, drank an intriguing glass of Black lace elder and rose cordial and then headed home via the garden centre where I felt sorry for a manky-looking Erysimum Bowles plant which I bought for £2 and CBC bought some extra stones for the pond, the main reason we went there.
Onto my TARDIS Tuesday outfit. Last posted in June 2024, I am featuring Sarah Jane Smith's final outfit from her days as Tom Baker's companion in the episode, The Hand of Fear, which the wonderful Ang Almond adapted for me 2 years ago or so! (See here the post where I debuted them with explanations of what adaptations she did)
sarah_jane
Images borrowed from:
https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2017/10/25/sarah-jane-smith-the-hand-of-fear/


51e238c709aa6ab4df5935219a973eca


https://bradleybasement.wordpress.com/sci-fi/doctor-who/doctor-who-timelines/the-doctors-timelines-index/the-fourth-doctors-timeline/the-hand-of-fear-tv/



And here's my 2025 iteration of these in Mum's garden!


I wore my same Joe Browns red top which I found in a charity top last year and was pleased as it was the perfect top for this outfit (AND others!). My beautiful dungarees which Ang customised and the aforementioned spotty pumps- not really screen accurate but I saw them in my cupboard as I was dressing and fancied wearing them...
Can you see someone poking out my pocket?

It's Mini-Owl! Sarah Jane holds a stuffed owl with this outfit as she leaves the TARDIS and CBC told me I looked like a Children's TV presenter in this outfit as I dressed and said I needed to fill those pockets so I obliged with Owl...who I knew I could get out easily for photos! We also have Mini Squirrel!

Here in the customary pose! Can you see the sole flapping on my shoe.  That's the one that STILL has its sole!

Had to have a play with darling Bramble

She has a thing about shoes. Has to put her feet into them and then have a rub and sniff around them.

Rowan has a thing about bags...

He had a lovely time playing with my rucksack after investigation.

Until she decided to get involved...

She then attacked the side ties on my dungarees and sunk a claw into my derriere as she attempted to vanquish the dastardly bow!

We had a fun weekend before this with a day spent with CBC's brother and then the Sunday spent with our friend Nath at the beach and out at the pub for dinner after a trip to a garden centre. More on the weekend anon.
Yesterday was largely spent at home.  I peeled, chopped and cooked 5 large containers of apple, blackberries and raspberries for the freezer and then watched Wednesday after an omelette and vegetables.
I ADORE a me-cooked cheese-omelette!!! It's the ONE thing where I prefer to cook it myself!
xx

 

8 comments:

  1. Your overalls are so cute, Kezzie! You should be able to have a cobbler re-glue your shoes' soles - it's easy and will prolong the life of your shoes.
    Aw, your mum's cats are so CUTE! What little monkeys they are, getting into everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still⭐️ waiting for another opportunity⭐️ to stitch a star ⭐️ on something! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful kitties!! Both of them!! I love that first photo of Bramble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dungarees! You look fab in them! Your mums garden looks very productive! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bramble and Rowan are gorgeous, what cheeky personalities!
    Your outfit is very sweet, shame about the broken shoe but 19 years is certainly a good innings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dungarees are absolutely delightful, Kezzie, and how cute are your Bramble and Rowan! Oh, and 19 years for a pair of Primark shoes isn't bad at all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful post. I love the outfit, it's quirky and fun and seems really comfortable too. The cats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A simply perfect cosplay styling. Those dungarees and the red top are such a great combo.
    Adorable cats! I think cats like shoes because we walk in them so they are full of different scents ...the same is the case for vehicles. They will often have snuff. They love bags and backpacks for the same reason. We leave them around, so they tend to pick up different scents. Cats' noses are more sensitive than ours, who knows what stories our shoes and backpacks have to tell to them?

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)