Monday, September 02, 2024

TARDIS Tuesday Twist- Romana from the Leisure Hive

Hi there! 

I missed TARDIS Tuesday for a few weeks so I am back! I decided, this week, to do use the outfit as more of a general style inspiration rather than try to create more of a match.

I last used this look as my inspiration in April 2021 and it is one of my absolute favourite looks worn by any Doctor Who companion- if you look at the sailor and nautical labels tag in my sidebar, I LOVE a sailor look!

It was a vintage Sailor look worn by 4th Doctor companion and Time Lady, Romana.



https://them0vieblog.com/2013/04/28/doctor-who-the-leisure-hive-review/



https://x.com/archivetvmus71/status/1050080061678866432


I was packing for my holiday and I realised I had worn a similarish Romana look when we did our Treasure island performance and found it ridiculously comfortable, so I decided to pack it for my trip!




Here you can see what I put together.
I started with this Primark sailor dress that I picked up in a charity shop in 2012 around Last seen on the blog in 2014.
To make the red tie, I added a red ribbon which came from the waist tie from another dress and tucked it through the tie of the dress.
The hat came from a charity shop around about 15 years ago and it straw with raw silk edging and hat tie.
The bottoms are actually some pyjama bottoms I bought from M&S (which I did actually buy for the original cosplay!) - yes, I wore pyjama bottoms in public.  Do I care? Not really- they work as trousers!


To complete the look, I added a pair of Tom shoes- not the ones I wore last time (which are more red) because that involved ratching around in a cupboard!


I loved wearing this outfit and it worked for a day at home with gardening!


xx






4 comments:

  1. I love the pj trousersj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like your sailor look better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you dressed up like this to garden, Kezzie! What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of =you when I see sailor collared garments! xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)