Thursday, September 26, 2024

3 outfits

 It was a fun weekend which I shared. 

A swim in the river, a concert, dinner at our local Chinese, church and tidying the house!

I thought I'd share my outfits from the weekend:


Here is my outfit from Sunday, worn for church.  It's my Mum's 1980's Laura Ashley dress which now fits me well! I wore it with my Lotus blue pumps, Swarovski necklace and a stretchy belt! It's weird the way it looks plain above. As you can see below, it is patterned!

Here's what I wore on Saturday night to go out for dinner! Yes, I wore two of my charity shop purchases bought mere hours before.

The teal dress with wings, the white cotton crochet top plus a pair of Kurt Geiger shoes (charity shopped earlier this year) plus a charity-shopped glass aurora borealis beaded necklace (years ago!)



Ann and Sheila wanted to see more of the wings! Here they are!

Here's what I wore on Saturday to go to the concert. Bernie Dexter poppy-field dress with a Monsoon cobweb cardigan plus my Rieker pumps!



I had my first ensembles this week at school.
All 3 have been really positive and the majority of children seemed really happy to be there and enjoyed it! One amazing experience was that there is a boy who has SEND and he often struggles to stay focused and not become very (EXTREMELY) loud and emotional.  He had been signed up for choir and I was a little worried about how he would be and to my and the lovely TA who stayed to help him, he did not utter one thing the entire time, did not fidget, did not want to leave,  but joined in with all the songs and seemed really happy.  It may not last but I was so happy, for him, that he was able to be there for it and enjoy it!
xx


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to read about the boy with SEND. Music is balm for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three outfits look great! I love dresses. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous outfits, my favourite being the poppy-field dress, although the charity shopped teal dress - thank you for showing us the wings - with the white cotton crochet top comes a close second.
    How lovely to read of your positive experience with the boy with SEND. That must be so rewarding! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, when any child who is known to have difficulties in managing their behaviour does keep it together is always an occasion to rejoice! The outfits are so pretty and so different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfits. You look so lovely in all of them...and very happy and energetic too.
    I'm happy to hear your student did so well...and even if it doesn't always go well, you know that it's good for him to take part. I remember how anxious I was for one of our five year old pupils when he wouldn't sing at all during the school rehearsal. However, when the school performance started, he sang so beautifully. He never needed TA or anything like that, it's just that he's five and gets tired easily. Honestly, I sometimes think that 5 is really too young to start school, but of course it's the parents' call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S that vintage dress from your mother is my personal favourite look here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Laura Ashley dress fits you like a dream - how lovely that your Mum held on to it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)