A hilarious moment from our drumming club trip.
So, picture the feeling. It's a school trip. You are allowed to have packed lunch. You decide to ask your mum and dad to give you something special and tasty for your lunch box.
The trip involves a mile walk there and back, plus your walk to school.
What special item do you ask for?
Chocolate cake?
A burger?
A big bag of crisps?
A club sandwich?
No, no, no, no, that is far too logical.
Instead, what did one of my lovely pupils pull out from her bag?
A large glass jar of green olives in brine!!!!!
I was utterly perplexed.
She proceeded to drink the brine and share the olives with us all.
The fact that she had carried all the way in her rucksack?
The fact that she didn't find it bizarre?
The fact that she took great pleasure in my state of befuddlement?
What's the weirdest item you have ever heard of taken for a school trip???
xx
Well, Kezzie as someone who loves olives, I completely understand her. I'm not supposed to eat anything prickled, so I usually have just one or two if I'm eating something, but if it was up to me, I'd probably eat the whole jar. I've never drunk the prickled olive juice, though:).
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun moment, thank you for sharing!
That was very weird indeed, particularly her drinking the brine ... Ugh! xxx
ReplyDeleteI use to love pickle juice, but I've never considered drinking olive brine! Either would be far too much sodium for my old body these days. Surely that wasn't her entire meal?! Now I have a hankering to make some kalamata olive hummus!
ReplyDeleteNot a school trip but I was drinking cold baked beans from a Snap Pot on a train earlier this week (in fairness, it was a very joggly train and I have my arm in a sling at present. Any good?
ReplyDelete