At the start of our holidays, we were going to spend a week in Cornwall with CBC's side of our family but we decided to leave a day early to break the journey. We spent the night in Paignton in a B&B and then spent the morning in Totnes, a place we had spent a lovely week in about 8 years ago.
We spent the morning browsing the shops which include a great range of independent business.
There are so many little details and things to look for in Totnes.
I noticed this adorable frog above this doorway:
There are so many lovely paths with houses and plants, everything was in bloom.Another hidden detail- the penguins looking down on the world.
We went to the Climate Hub which has a range of activities and on that day, you could play a game called Green Wheel which is a great game which encourages talk about green issues and gives you a chance to think about things you could change on a personal, local or larger scale. It was so lovely to join in for an hour with the lovely local people.







I have never been to Totnes - and now I want to visit. But I checked on a map - it is 330 miles. A day trip is out of the question!
ReplyDeleteI love the frog on the bicycle and the penguins! It pays to look up!
ReplyDeleteI should really look at a map to figure out where these places are! I love the frog - it looks very large! What a gorgeous seaside (?) view!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love Totnes! I haven't been there in - eek! - well over 20 years, but it doesn't seem to have changed all that much. Although I'm not sure the frog and penguins were there back in 1998. Cornwall is even longer ago, as Jos and I were there the year we got married, in 1995.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the memories Kezzie! xxx
Sounds like an interesting town to visit. Have a lovely holiday in Newquay.
ReplyDeleteThe beach looks amazing ! The seaside is always a joy to visit. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love Totnes, we spent many a happy day there when we used to holiday in Devon between 1977 and 1985 - loads of vintage clothes shops and vegetarian restaurants! xxx
ReplyDelete