Hi there,
I'm back for another TARDIS Tuesday entirely drawn from items I already own, i.e. nothing bought especially for a Cosplay outfit. I like doing these as it challenges me to look creatively in my wardrobe to see what can be used in a creative way!
Today, I thought I'd make a visit to Kate (Lethbridge) Stewart, who is the famous Classic Who Brigadier's Daughter who was in charge of UNIT in the eras of the 11th, 12th and 13th Doctors.
I attempted another closet cosplay on her 'Power of the Doctor' look last Autumn.
This outfit features in the Zygon Inversion.
| Image borrowed from https://www.planocritico.com/critica-doctor-who-9x07-e-8-the-zygon-invasion-the-zygon-inversion/ |
| Image borrowed from: https://jemma-redgrave.net/2016/02/21/jemma-redgrave-as-kate-stewart-doctor-who-hd-captures-stills/ |
She wears a sand-coloured trench coat with black buttons. Underneath she wears a pale blue shirt and navy blue trousers and boots.
She wears a blue and gold pashmina scarf tied around her neck.
It was fun putting this together but the day I wore it for school, L, the lovely TA who helps me with choir said, "That's a very conservative outfit for you, K. Not what I'd usually expect from you."


I don't think it's a conservative outfit, those fabulous cropped trousers and cool Clarks shoes add an edge to a perfectly executed Cosplay outfit. xxx
ReplyDeleteTotally in agreement with Vix. I think Jemma Redgrave is a really gifted actress (obvs it's in her genes) You pull off the outfit really well. I'd definitely wear the outfit - but not with wide cropped trousers which don't suit me. I note that she has tied her scarf slightly differently though. Three days of working on sewing cosplay outfits is making me obsess about screen accuracy.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great outfit and not conservative at all. Well, perhaps it is compared to some of your other outfits, but still ... Loving those navy cropped trousers and the scarf even if it is from a cheapo shop! xxx
ReplyDeleteThe coat looks lovely. I like this outfit.
ReplyDeleteI personally find it a little "meh" - it's just the colours, and lack of pattern, nothing to do with YOU, Kezzie! <3 I also prefer wide leg pants to be full length - not a huge fan of the cropped length.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I hugely admire that you make cosplay outfits that you wear to work! Awesome! And I love that your fellow educator recognized it!