Thursday, October 13, 2022

French supermarket

Reminising about my French holiday, I remembered some photos I took in the Supermarket we visited.

Ah, it is SO lovely to see MULTIPLE varieties of fruit and vegetables available loose! In the UK, moreoften than not, in the supermarket, if you are lucky enough to find something unpacked, there is only the one option. But in this supermarket, there were multiple tomato varieties, multiple plums, multiple beans and I even spy various carrots!


All those tomatoes!
Oh to have a choice of plums and greengages!

And even French beans!


Alas, I got sucked in my the bargain section...which involved some plastic!

Oh, and if you are wondering, this is my favourite purchase ever. A 300g bag of cheesy puffs- the equivalent of Wotsits. The most enormous bag of crisps I've ever seen. Of course I bought them! And ate them all! Over about 2 weeks.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Glorious photos, those tomatoes especially! I adore visiting supermarkets and markets abroad, the abundance of fruit and veg, huge, wonky and misshapen and actually smelling of something.
    Jon would have fought you for those French -style Wotsits - and probably eaten them in two sittings.
    I love your outfit, that dress is so pretty on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks wonderful. I don't think I could make them last two weeks. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talking of being spoiled for choice! We're seeing less and less loose fruit and veg here as well, which is such a shame! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous array of fruits and vegetables!

    I'm impressed you made that bag of snacks last two weeks. 😉 I don't think I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very hard for me, also, to visit a market like that! Taking pictures helps, when one isn't able to take home very many of the real farm treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our supermarkets here almost always have a huge variety of produce. We're lucky to be in one of Canada's main growing areas for fruit/veg. I would have been tempted by the ginormous bag of cheesy puffs!!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)