I shared a post last week which showed some of the stash of cards which I made over the Easter holidays. Thank you for your kind comments on these.
Today's collection are all a bit more varied than last time.
This first one started with some scraps of yellow card which I had punched using my edging punch.I think they came from an old school exercise book. The blue tropical card was actually a tissue box which a colleague was chucking out- it was too pretty to waste! The butterflies are outline stickers from a large stash I have!
The next card features a felt flower I cut freehand some years ago and forgot about! I found the perfect paper to go underneath it and the small yellow flowers came from an egg box! The purple flower is a bit wonky but I don't mind!
This was a really easy card to make. I think I bought this white card topper (feels a bit lazy!) about 14 years ago! The only addition was the silver glittery background which was part of someone's Christmas cracker that again I snaffled!
The dog was a layered sticker that came in a pack I believe. I layered it onto the inside of a card I received and finally used a thin layer of double-sided sticky tape and carefully stuck on tiny pink iridescent stars. I have owned the pot of tiny pink stars since I was 10. My Mum bought me the best present. It was a 3 layered tool/craft box which had lots of containers of heart and star sequins in a myriad of colours. Everyone received sequinny cards for years! I still have the originals now!
I created this sweetie jar using some reused plastic quite a few years ago but never actually used it! I finally stuck it to the card and added an edging mosaic of matching squares. In retrospect, I wish I had added some white gel pen reflections to make the sweeties look more shiny and 3D- it's not quite right but I am sure I can find some use for it!
My final card here uses my old favourite school prospectus blue! I used a Martha Stewart corner punch to edge this one (Fun fact: My stepmum has this same corner punch and I really wanted the same one but it had sold out on QVC where she got it from and it was £40 from craft sites online. About 2 years ago, a friend of Mum's was getting rid of craft stuff and GAVE me the very punch I had wanted 10 years before!). I added a gift tag which had been attached to a card from a child at school and then punched 6 gold stars from some packaging I had.
Do you have a favourite?
x






The wonky flower owns it! I also love the sweetie jar (and agree about the shine spots, but eh, whatever). You are the embodiment of "waste not, want not," Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteMartha Stewart punches are expensive but well made, worth looking out for in CS
ReplyDeleteThey're all gorgeous, but my favourite are the first two. I'm loving that you used an empty tissue box for the first one, and the wonky flower one is absolutely delightful! xxx
ReplyDelete