Hello there!
Hope you are well!
Today is a quick post for Style Imitating Art.
Terri is today's curator and she chose this wonderful painting which her daughter owns.
![]() |
| “Booky-Summer reading led her into fall darkness” by Patty Carroll, which is part of her Anonymous Women series. |
I love this painting! It's so clever and there's so much to look at in it! I love the chaos and I could probably recreate this in my own home- I'm a bit messy and I own lots of books. My dining room looks a bit like this with the table full of books, craft stuff and instruments. Need to clean it by Friday as CBC has his work colleagues round on Friday night. Sigh. Like last year but this time 2 colleagues who I like are not invited.
Anyway, I am usually a stickler for the colours in a Style Imitating Art post but this time, I just decided to go with my first inclination which was to WEAR MY BOOK DRESS!!
As well as my Cross necklace (handmade by Annie Scales Silver), I snuck a little quote pin from Fable and Black.
I'll write a bit more soon but head over to Terri on Wednesday to see how everyone else interpreted it.
xx

What's not to love about that outfit! Summer reading - YAY!
ReplyDeleteI love this dress. Not only the book pattern but that fabric looks like it could be linen with that wonderful texture it has. Thank you for sending me a photo because tomorrow is going to be fun with all the different interpretations!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and fun painting, and of course wearing your book dress was the perfect interpretation! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo jealous that you have a book dress! If I had one I would definitely have used it for my version too.
ReplyDeleteThat dress is perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful dress, Kezzie! I would wear that (and your cardi) in a heartbeat! That painting is amazing!
ReplyDeleteKezzie, I am dying over your book dress! I absolutely love it. And your Jane Austen quote pin! She is my all time favorite author. I am such a huge bookworm but I somehow do not own any booky type clothing or accessories. But I am going to be on the lookout for these things now! You look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteShelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com
A fantastic interpretation! That dress is fabulous and your hair is beautiful! xxx
ReplyDeleteYour book dress is wonderful. You look very pretty.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, I love that book dress - how clever! Great interpretation x
ReplyDelete