Thursday, June 25, 2020

Birthday cards

Hello there!

to stop advertising in the sky being legal in the UK- the government pushed this through in March. Please sign.

It's been a while since I shared some cards on here.
I suddenly realise that I didn't share the cards I made in the Easter holidays.  Maybe I will share those soon.

It was my Dad and my Step-Mum's Dad's birthdays in June (as well as my sister's which I shared a while back) and so I made them some cards on the day before we went to see them.

The first card was fairly simple, featuring different sized stars mounted on 3D sticky pads which came in a large pack from Poundland a while back. I've used these for quite a few cards in the last few years- see here. I thought it worked well as a Man's birthday card!


For my Dad's birthday card, I wanted to make him something with a Chemistry theme.  My Dad is a Chemistry graduate and he part of the Royal Society of Chemistry's Energy group.

I looked at the periodic table to see which elements could spell out words.
Alas, Happy Birthday was not possible from the Elements available, nor was Celebration or a few other things I tried.  
Eventually, I realised I could spell his surname and Genius (which I'd seen on a Chemistry mug!) 
Using the colours I found on an online periodic table, I punched squares from card and carefully wrote the element codes/names and atomic numbers.

To finish it off, I added 2 thin silver outline stickers!

My Dad was super pleased with it!

What do you think?
xx

5 comments:

  1. How clever! You're a crafty gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very clever! I used to make cards, but it was a hobby that got out of hand and I soon got fed up and ended up giving the stuff away.
    I don’t have time now which is a shame, I think sky banners are banned in japan, but we have worse! Advertising trucks, piping out music and the picture of the band or whoever they are advertising and they go around in a circle! Really annoying! Imagine that more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Love the idea of making a chemistry themed birthday card for my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! I find cards for men so difficult. I particularly like the card for your dad, that's so clever!

    (signed the petition)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)