Tuesday, June 02, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday in The Power of Kroll

Hello there folks!

I hope you are well!
I periodically like to delve into Classic Doctor Who characters and one of my favourites is Romana, the time lady, as portrayed by Mary Tamm.  She was the first Time Lady to travel in the TARDIS and she had some cracking glamorous outfits! I've featured her twice on TARDIS Tuesday- one, not a bad rendition, the other rather tenuous!

Today, I'd like to feature her outfit from the Key to time story, The Power of Kroll.  This takes place on one of the moons of Delta Magma and features a rather scary large squid called Kroll!!

Let's have a look at a collage of screen shots I've taken of her outfit:


It features a long sleeveless gilet or zip down dress in a burnt orange thick material- suede, corduroy or velvet with a black waistband.  Underneath she wears a black poloneck jumper and black trousers underneath with knee high brown or grey boots.  Her hair has the sides up. It looks very much of its era to me!

And to show my outfit, I thought I'd feature some side by sides.


As you can see immediately, the colours are off with my outfit even though I bought something orange.
I began with an orange corduroy sleeveless dress from eco-clothing brand, Thought (formerly known as Braintree). I bought this second-hand on eBay. I'm actually wearing it backwards with the back zip at the front and the sides turned outwards to look like a collar.  It looks different when you wear it correctly!

Underneath, I wore a black turtleneck from Primark, alongside some Primark leggings. I haven't shopped in Primark for a long time but when I do, it is usually an essential like these which get worn many, many times.

Finally, I added my brown knee-high boots from eYe Boutique. They are very old now but I am very fond of them!

I added a black belt and pinned the sides of my hair up.


I couldn't resist posing in the tied up position from this picture!

What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Lol, I love the last photo. Very clever of you to turn the dress backwards!

    Has your school reopened now? I hope you don't feel to unsafe going back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it not the same color, it looks very close to the original. I agree, very clever of you to wear the dress backward. It you didn't mentioned it, no one would have known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's the tunic you mentioned in your recent comment! I absolutely love it.You look fabulous! Great take on the original. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful rendition in my opinion. I absolutely love that tunic dress, and how inventive to wear it backwards. You're looking great and oh my, your hair is very long indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your intepretation of the Romana look. That tunic looks great with leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit, it is a lovely interpretation. You look great.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)