Tuesday, May 26, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday- Yaz in Spyfall

Hello there!
Greetings!  We've just eaten a very late dinner of Lentil and sweet potato Dhal and a Rhubarb and apple crumble. CBC made the Dhal and I made the crumble. Most unwillingly,  I might add.
I have had a headache today and it has made me really grouchy so I did not want to make a crumble but was coerced into it.
Today, we went to our Vegetable Wholesaler to do our weekly/biweekly vegetable shop plus eggs. Happily, there was no-one else there except the owner and his wife.  We bought our next tray of 30 eggs as well as a big bag full of mini-new potatoes, 2 bundles of spinach, 3 peppers, 4 courgettes, a cardboard try of cherry vine tomatoes, a cabbage, cauliflower, 6 peaches, green beans, 2 aubergines, 4 lemons, 2 avocado, 2 garlic bulbs, onions and a few more bits.  We got chatting to the owners and as we left, the lady gave us two boxes of strawberries free which was really nice of them.  We then went to the garden centre to get some more canes and ended up coming home with a Fuscia bush, willow trellis, canes, a new watering can, a rhubarb plant and some French bean plants as my self-germinated ones are looking a bit sad and lack lustre!
Did some planting of bean plants when we got back and also planted 3 more tomato plants in the raised bed. 
We've been eating our own rocket and lettuce the last couple of days which has been nice plus 2 radishes! I love it when we get to start picking our own food.  The blueberry bushes have blue-berries on them- they are currently green but soon....

Anyway, onto the main event!

TARDIS Tuesday features new Who character Yasmine Khan, probation Police Officer from the Series 12 first episode- Spyfall.
The Doctor and her companions are invited to a swish casino-party so they go kitted out in their finery.

I put together a collage of screen-shots from the episode to highlight Yaz's outfit:



She wears:
A black sequined jacket with satin lapels and a ribbon tie
White embelllished scallop collar top.
Silver bow necklace
Black trousers and black shoes
Curly hair in a high ponytail.





doc-c281


And here's my version:


I wore my usual black trousers (ASOS) and some Clarks men's black boots.
The sequinned jacket that Yaz wears comes from Paul Smith.  Mine was £5 from eBay with a satin tie from an old top of mine.
I'm quite excited to share the top as I managed to ID where Yaz's top came from- it's from Reiss and I managed to find one on eBay! To my knowledge, no one has IDed this! The scallop-detail is so pretty!
I had washed my hair on Sunday morning and put it into 2 plaits so when I got ready for a Zoom birthday party for a friend, I undid my plaits and put my hair into a high ponytail and it was all curly!
I couldn't find my Whitby jet bow necklace so instead, I wore my Alex Monroe bee necklace!

A different look for me, but I like it a lot!

What do you think?

x

7 comments:

  1. Very smart. I love the white top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the crimped ponytail! Before I bought my Babyliss crimpers in 1984 I'd dampen my hair before bed and divide it into 30 plaits so it would be crimped in the morning - what a faff!
    Love the Reiss blouse and the jacket is a great dupe.
    Your fruit & veg sellers sound lovely, how kind to give you freebies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have fresh veggies from your local vegetable wholesaler.
    You look nice in this cos-play outfit. I noticed the crimpy hair.

    I hope your headache has gone away by now.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of the vegetable wholesaler giving you those strawberries for free! And you certainly won't regret buying that fuchsia bush. We've had ours for years and it is still thriving without much effort from us at all. You look amazing in that outfit. The sequinned jacket was a great find, and I'm loving the crimped ponytail! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sequin jacket is so cool, you should wear it more! Adds so much glamour to any outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your version looks terrific, love the jacket so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)