Thursday, February 27, 2020

Harmonious presents!

I thought I'd share an outfit I wore last Saturday for CBC's mum's birthday lunch.

I wanted to be warm and comfortable for hanging around the house at my Sister-in-law's house but also able to go out for dinner.


Let's start with outer-wear.  CBC bought me both this cape and hat on different birthday and Christmases and didn't intend for them to go together but I like the serendipitous way they do!
 The base of my outfit was this navy corduroy dress from Quba which my sister bought me for Christmas.  She bought me a size 8 but it was quite tight (in a way I knew would make me not want to wear it).  She said she could get me a different size so I asked if she could get me a 12.  Which was silly as the 8 fitted me but I worried a 10 might not be big enough for me to wear things under. Instead, I now have a rather too large on the top half dress but that's ok- I can live with it!
I wore some leggings from sustainable brand Thought (who used to be Braintree) which I bought in Gaia in Hexham last week- again, I didn't intend them to go so well with the hat and cape but they begged to be worn together!!  The Clement Ribeiro cashmere jumper underneath is another over-sized purchase but I like Cashmere big!
Boots were from Florence and my Nessie necklace from Erstwilder plus Lorelai earrings!

I succeeded in having a comfy outfit, even if the dress is a bit too big! I still like it very much!!
x

12 comments:

  1. The dress looks fine, don't worry about it. :) I love your matchy hat, cape and tights, Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful. I've always wanted to wear a cape and never have so you're living my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous outfit, the cloche gives it a bit of a Peaky Blinders vibe.
    The dress looks like the perfect fit to me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab. A great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cloche hat and cape, and the dress looks perfect to me too. Now you've got the opportunity to wear jumpers underneath! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is very 1920s. Gorgeous! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look from head to toe, but the necklace and the hat are just amazing. Such statement pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now i am wearing my green cord pinafore which is a size 12. I got it in Sainsbury's in the autumn. They had it in an 8 (too small) and a 12 (too big) so here we are! I use the gaps at the side to put my hands in, but must remember not to put my keys in the "pockets" too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so classy in your cape and hat. The whole outfit is wonderful. You have the best style.

    Happy birthday to you! (I think it's today?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great Kezzie - that's an artist's outfit for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole outfit is gorgeous from top to bottom and inside and out ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab outfit! I always struggle with complete outfits, I either like how it looks without outer wear, or prefer it with, but you've got it perfectly here.
    I hope you had a lovely time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)