Veg and edibles
We bought a new Dwarf apple tree which flowered prettily. Now has lots of tiny fruits on it.I'm sad about the imminent June drop- hope some stay on the plant.
A thin row of Radishes planted at the back of the left-hand bed- started to sprout
2 Courgette plants planted.
9 Dwarf bean plants planted but all seem to have died. Sad times.
Strawberry plants are all flowering and embryo fruits forming including on the Alpine strawberry newly planted in the hanging basket
Summer-fruiting Raspberry has fruit.
Two tomato plants- one is flowering.
Swiss chard plant from Mum has suddenly shot up and bolted!
9 leeks planted but looking a bit sad.
New French Bean plants germinating in the Utility room. No sign of growth yet.
Marrowfat peas soaked and placed in compost in a reused plastic fruit tray. I am hoping for Pea shoots (more on that anon)
Rocket seeds planted in pot. (see top right picture in second-collage. Please help- are these actually rocket plants or am I lovingly nurturing a pot of weeds???
Flowers:
- CBC bought an Aganpanthus which he has planted in the right-hand bed.
- Lots of Love-in-the-Mist, Nigella Fennel flowers have flowered but CBC has removed a lot of them
- The chives have flowered annoyingly early!
- Hellebores flowered.
- Aquilega has flowered
- The Flowering currant (which looks so much like a Snowball Hydrangea!) flowered wonderfully all month
- Yellow Rose is now 6 ft 5 tall and flowering magnificently.
- Lavender is bushy and verdant and developing stalks.
Herbs:
- The Rosemary flowered beautifully
- Marjoram has flowered.
- Lime Mint, Mitcham Mint, Chocolate Mint, Normal Mint and Lemon Balm are all flowering
- Camomile looks sad.
- Parsley, Tarragon, Sage all happy and flourishing.
- Giant chives are flowering. Garlic chives are chirpy.
How has your garden grown this month?
xx


All those flowers look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking wonderfully lush, Kezzie. Gardening is always a bit trial and error, isn't it? Love those different coloured Love-in-a-mist flowers! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a riot of colour and productivity! I'm dying for our Aganpanthus to bloom, they remind me of Greece. x
ReplyDeleteSo much going on! It looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteI have shrubs rather than flowers but some 'leftovers' from the old inhabitants remain and come back each year. I don't know what they are - I really should find out - but they do add some colour.
My greenhouse is where the action is at the moment. I have potatoes for the first time and tomato plants. I've harvested my first crop of lettuce leaves and spinach recently, which is always such a joy! I have strawberry plants from my brother which I am very much looking forward too. I have forget-me-nots growing well, and the oak and walnut saplings I potted from the lawn last year are doing really well.
Garden pottering is one of my favourite things!
xx
Your garden always look lovely. I don't really have a garden but I'm trying to plant more on my balconies.
ReplyDeleteI really must plant the Nigella seeds I have -- I know now is not the right time, but... whenever that time comes around again.
ReplyDeleteLooking at your garden reminds me why I like so much to invest in mine!
I love the three different colours of Love in the Mist. It's looking pretty good in your garden! I've not had time to do anything with ours so it's the same old story of knee high grass and weeds taking over. I've got a common sow thistle spreading so well it's like I'm growing a new hedge, and the tallest bit is three quarters the height of the shed now! I just need a little army of volunteers to help and a couple of free days!
ReplyDeleteYou're not nurturing a pot of weeds, they are rocket seedlings! Your plants are all looking fab! xx
ReplyDelete