Friday, June 28, 2019

Birds and Butterflies and Blooms

Here are some birds and butterflies I have enjoyed in the last couple of weeks!


As I walked down the steps to the main high street in Aldeburgh, I saw these beautiful lilac blooms.  And a myriad contented bees.
Above, blossoming blackberries being pollinated by our bumbles.


Below, the beautiful purple blooms are irrestistible at Benjamin Britten's house.
A flower bee enjoys the alien beauty and elixir of our returning Passiflora.


A Holly Blue butterfly reclines on the blackberries.
A hover fly or wasp of some sort on the Campanula!

Our Lavender has blossomed this week and we are the proud hosts to many bees!

What a joy!

How are your bees?
x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers, dear! I love your bees too. The blue butterfly is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passiflora looks amazing. Mine is getting bigger and bigger. I should blog about it next month. Love to see the blue butterfly. I haven't had one of those in the garden this summer, but I had a painted lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bees are as busy as could be. I love that passion flower. Our climate is not warm enough to winterize those.
    Such beautiful flowers. Enjoy...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aldeburgh is so lovely, as are these photographs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)