I am quite practical when it comes to footwear generally. I wear flat shoes mostly, sensible boots. They may be in bright colours or sequins, but generally I am not wearing skyscraper heels or things that are impractical. I do,however, have quite a few pairs. However, I do happen to own a few pairs of decorative shoes that are slightly less practical- I do have 4-5 pairs of Irregular Choice shoes- mostly these were bought in the sale a few years ago.
In recent years, realising I don't wear them a huge amount, mainly due to the amount of walking I do (and cycling) everywhere, I haven't bought any more pairs. Some of them are just too out there and impractical in terms of heels and moreover, they are very expensive.
But just occasionally, I go and have a look at the website and drool over their shoes. Normally, in the sale season, anything in UK Size 8/European Size 42 that I actually like is long sold out so the temptation doesn't get to me. However, I saw some LOVELY pairs when looking today (there are many, many pairs, but they are ruled out for me quickly!) and they are all available in my size!
I thought I'd share those shoes I liked best! They are works of art! And relax, I will not be buying them- they are too expensive- but I thought I would share them in case you liked any! Or a mysterious millionaire feels like sending them my way!! Ha ha!
They are velvety, blue and have fluffy squirrels on them! I love Squirrels!
These are fun glittery and rainbowy and look FAIRLY practical
These black boots look like my Dr Martens but in a more flamboyant design.
I LOVE the rainbowy but with a prominence of turquoise/Kingfisher blue (my favourite colour!) and they look comfy!
Similarly fun but pretty whilst being flat!
These look very sturdy! I love the design, maybe not the pink!
These would probably be too high for me but they are fun!
I do like the blue, shimmery material of these even if the bow is not up my street!
These are glorious! Rainbow sequins that have a silver side also!
These look very cute and I like the rainbow design.
More rainbow but possibly too high!
I love these shimmery Turquoise ones so much with the perspex heel! I would definitely wear these lots since I have lots of clothes this colour!
More double-sided sequins with a more sedate colour option- black or pale turquoise.
I ummed and ahed over this shoe design Clara Bow, last year- they had a black and gold pair in the sale in my size but in the end decided I couldn't justify £50 on shoes. I really like the design and the colour of these. Plus, they are called CLARA!
This pair is most similar to the ones I was smitten with!
These are very fun and flat but I would wear them out very quickly- I am quite hard treading on flat, flat heels like this. So pretty though.
I think these Dessie ones are the ones I would love the most- they are like my beloved Dr Martens but in a shimmery rainbow design. I reckon I could cycle in these too!
Finally, they released a necklace to match the Little Daisy shoes above and it is a comparatively bargainous price of £10.99.
What do you think of my choices? Would you wear any of these?
Images are all property of Irregular Choice. I hope they don't mind me promoting their beautiful shoes!
x
These are amazing. I must check out the Norwich store next time I'm in Norfolk. Not that I could afford to buy them...
ReplyDeleteThey are very imaginative!!! I really loved going to see them at the Irregular Choice shop in Carnaby Street! Ooh, didn't know they had one in Norfolk!
DeleteI have had a few pairs of Irregular Choice over the years - they are works of art! So fun to look at - those first ones are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI have my Kermit shoes (fuzzy green dots) and 2 pairs of the Star Wars line.
I really liked the Kermit ones AND the Star War ones were so clever! Lucky you!
DeleteWow, what amazing shoes! You have great taste.
ReplyDeleteThey are very amazing, I agree!!! There are lots of their shoes that I DON'T like but there are some beautiful ones!
DeleteOooh I love the Shoreditch and Curio Low xx
ReplyDeleteThey're lovely, aren't they!
DeleteThis season is looking amazing. The bags too are insane, I'm adding so much to my wishlist already. Carousel heels today (hopefully), but that'll take all my pennies. Definitely need one of those mysterious millionaires!
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid I am too hard on bags to have anything expensive or beautiful! I always break them! The Carousels are cool!
DeleteAaaah, why did you have to show me those squirrel ones? I need a mysterious millionaire if my own!
ReplyDeleteThey're pretty cute, aren't they!
DeleteThese are very whimsical. I especially love the Paco boots! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhimsical is a good word for them! The Paco boots are fun, aren't they!
DeleteSorry, I've been missing in action. It's good to visit to see what you've been up to.
ReplyDeleteI must be so old fashioned that I would never wear any of those shoes, even if I was paid to so so. I like the nice leather, comfortable shoes with a decent heal. No high heels for me simply for the comfort.
I think these fancy shoes they are interesting to look at but they do nothing spiritually for me. I just don't care for them myself but I have nothing against anyone who love to wear them.
Lately, instead of acquiring things, I've been decluttering my house and took three full loads of my SUV Nissan Rouge, jammed pack from front to back to the Salvation Army and it felt incredibly good and liberating, almost addictive. I'm working on my fourth load.
Enjoy the Autumn.
Hugs, Julia
I wouldn't describe anyone as 'old-fashioned' because they don't like a particular model of shoe or type of clothing- there are lots of types of clothing that are in mode that I do not like- they just aren't my aesthetic. I generally wear flat shoes or boots 90% of the time- it's nice to have the odd pair of quirky, fun shoes like these in my world for special occasions.
DeleteWell done to you for your decluttering!
Lovely to hear from you!
Sorry, Kezzie, I just don't get their appeal. They look hard and plastic-y. I often find them in chazzas and always leave them behind.
ReplyDeleteDoc Martens I could drool over forever! xxx
Fair enough- nothing to apologise for. I agree with you on them looking 'hard'- I've tried a few pairs on and could not get on with them for that reason. The few pairs I own have more fabricky material- perhaps that is why they more comfortable and I got on with them.
DeleteDoc Martens are brilliant! Still gutted they have stopped making my beloved Joylyn boots- if you ever see a pair in Size 8 in a charity shop, please get them for me and I will pay you back! My two pairs are getting very tatty!
I like the shiny Doc Marten type boots and I wish I could wear the Clara Bow style shoe (although I'm not wild on the actual designs) but I have problems with any kind of heel higher than half-an-inch! I also wear orthopaedic insoles and have size 7 feet so finding practical, comfy shoes is hard. I don't really like the more "far out" designs - the squirrels do nothing for me.
ReplyDeleteFat Dormouse https://fatdormouse.wordpress.com/
I'm not great on heels either! I don't wear them that much. I used to have orthopaedic insoles too because my feet turn inwards- it was corrected though so I don't wear them now. Haha, my feet are Size 8, sometimes 8.5- I feel your problems!
DeleteAwwww, you don't love the squirrels!:-)
Have you bought the necklace? Too cute.
ReplyDeleteI am agog at the shoes, never knew there were such wonderful creations are out there!
Fluffy squirrels are fab!!
Lisa x
No, I didn't buy it- I have a rainbow necklace already and I have too much jewellery so I shan't buy any more!
DeleteThese shoes are so fun! I couldn't even choose a favorite. I didn't even know shoes this neat even existed!
ReplyDeleteThey are very cool! BUT, they are super expensive. I've only ever bought some on serious reduction!
DeleteMy favourites are the Paco, Shoreditch and Curio Low. And I've seen that Sophie said almost the same thing - great minds. It's a sign, you should put them all on your Christmas wish list!
ReplyDeleteThe Paco are very sensible, yet colourful. I'm not sure the laces would last all that long, but it's easy to get nee laces, and think of all the different colour options you could have to change the way they look! The Shoreditch are my absolute favourites as I'm a sucker for anything in a brogue style, I have to say I like the pink.
The Curio Low are just very you.
I hope at least one pair of these finds their way to you, maybe the charity shop fairies will be kind and deliver a pair...?
xx
Talk about beautiful shoes. These are all very inspiring picks. I love how elaborate and colourful all these shoes designs are.
ReplyDeleteMy eyes are popping out at those shoes!!!
ReplyDelete