Monday, July 25, 2016

Florid florals

On the hottest day of the year so far, bar Tuesday, it was the end of a school year.  I wore a simple outfit designed to give me some coverage from the sun but largely loose to keep me cool!
I always feel special in this skirt. Don't ask me why, but I always love it. It's perhaps that it's a bit more grown up than my usual aesthetic in terms of shape but with a bright-coloured print in order to be my usual essence!
Plus the hat! I love this hat!


I spent the day trying to sort out my Music room at school. Put things away, try to move the contents of my old room into my current room and find a way to store it.   It's certainly looking better though not the best it could be! I can't really get back there till Mid-August now though! 
On the Thursday, the day after, I went over to my friend A's for a rehearsal for our recital in late August. As always, it is always gratifying to practice together and play.  We had a nice relax and a walk to the local charity shop (I resisted the White Stuff dress with cute rainbow Typewriter print on) and as I was going to get the bus back to the train station, I realised I had no cash, so had to walk down to the Coop to get some, missed the bus so CBC collected me instead. Consequently,I ended up eating 3 ice-lolllies. 2 Magnum-style Cadbury's Caramels ones and a rocket lolly! Oops,greedy!

Hope all is well with you!


18 comments:

  1. That skirt is lovekly on you, you look so tall and willowy! Well done for resisting the lure of retail and have a fab school holiday (one of my teacher friends has got two months off - lucky duck!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt looks gorgeous on you and I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! I admire your ice lolly eating skills too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very sweet look. I love the print of that skirt.
    http://anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/summer-or-winter-you-decide.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. romantic outfit...i like your skirt
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely strolling-through-the-garden-in-summer outfit. I can actually hear the birds singing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time off!! You look great in this outfit - I always feel there's something a bit magical about a maxi skirt (I don't know why) - yours is really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit, I can never quite master the maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute outfit! I can see why you love this skirt - it's gorgeous! And the hat looks wonderful on you! I hope you enjoy your holiday! :)

    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must have been meant to be, the lolly eating! Happy hols! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You resisted a typewriter print dress?! Kenzie I'm disappointed in you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving your maxi skirt! 3 ice-lollies? That's greedy indeed, but well deserved after finishing the school year. I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to resist a typewriter print dress, though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the skirt! I def have some clothes that make me feel more grown up than others!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that skirt on you Kezzie, and the colours are so pretty. Love your hat too! Hope you managed to get your music room all sorted and I don't think you can ever have too many ice lollies on a hot day! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, Magnum, miam miam! Well done with organizing the room and yes, you look lovely with this skirt - but you always do! I know what you mean, there was a dress that made me feel this way, but it was old and yesterday it was torn :( too thin fabric now. I never thought I would feel so sad - I thought "OMG, just a dress", but I really liked it :) So nice to rehearse with your friend! I would love to see the recital pics when it comes!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it wonderful to wear a skirt that makes you feel special and this one also looks great on you too. Have a fabulous summer holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You resisted a White Stuff dress? Kezzie, what came over you? hehe!
    Isn't it odd that a certain piece of clothing can make you feel a certain way? I have a Louche dress that makes me feel just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tres pretty skirt, looks like a country garden in fabric form.
    Summer is all about the lollies!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)