Bonsoir!
Hope all is going well with you!
I really like this blog challenge as it is educational as well as creative! The premise is that Salazar, Jen or Erin will post a picture of a piece of artwork (this can be painting, sketch, sculpture, installation) fortnightly and then you have a week to come up with an outfit or a flat lay of clothes that is inspired by that painting- you can be as loose or literal as you feel inspired to be.
Here's two weeks worth.
Salazar selected this painting 3 weeks ago:| John Singer Sargent’s “Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose”. |
Here's the outfit I put together.
I choose the Miss Patina blouse to represent the light colours of the girls' dresses and particularly my collar was a nod to the frilly colours of the girls. The skirt (from TK Maxx I think) represented the roses and the floral element - although I have a white dress with pale roses on, I wanted to choose the darker shades of the skirt to represent the time of day in the painting. The River Island belt, which is made up of fabric flowers was also acknowledgement of the importance of the florals. If you click the link on Salazar's name, you can see how the others interpreted it.
Jen is in charge of this week's picture:
| Jean-Honoré Fragonard’s “A Young Girl Reading“ |
![]() |
I wore my mustard White Stuff cardie (present from J and WOMOTM) as a nod to her yellow dress and the white lacy tunic (local shop) as a nod to her ruffled blouse. I had the perfect ruffle-necked blouse but couldn't find it.
Jen will post everyone's outfits tomorrow at the link above.
If you'd like a creative challenge, why not join in next time. It's very informal and everyone is welcome- men included!
If you'd like a creative challenge, why not join in next time. It's very informal and everyone is welcome- men included!
Hope you are well.
xx

That floral skirt is so lovely. You make such a gorgeous model, dear.
ReplyDeleteAll Things Bright and Lovely
I had a postcard of the Fragonard painting on my wall all through Uni. I love your interpretation of it!
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely paintings and two lovely interpretations. Both of your blouses are so pretty. Love the mustard cardy too - I'm wearing a very similar colour right this moment! X
ReplyDeleteI love that TK Maxx skirt!
ReplyDeleteA girl reading is such a beautiful painting.
You interpreted both so well!
It sounds a pretty idea, Kezzie! An inspiring picture for a creative post ... I like!
ReplyDeleteI know and love both of those paintings and you've paid homage to them beautifully! Loving the blouses in both! xxx
ReplyDeleteLove your interpretations, and they're both nice outifts in their own right!
ReplyDeleteLiz x
Distract Me Now Please
Wow, you are so clever! I love the floral skirt.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun challenge! You did great with the outfits. Love the floral skirt and the mustard cardi!
ReplyDeleteCorinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com
Lovely interpretations of both. I especially love the Sargent one. That skirt is beautiful.
ReplyDeletehttps://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/
You are very very good at this. Both interpretations are soooo good. Sargeant's "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose" is one of my favorite paintings so I know what I'm talking about.
ReplyDeleteSargent. Damn. I hate when that happens.
DeleteI absolutely love this concept of being inspired by art...I must try it some time. You look fantastic in both of these outfits:)
ReplyDeleteI think you've got them both nailed, but I really love the "Young Girl Reading" one as the colours are so spot on! You're looking fantastic in the skirt and blouse of the first photo. xxx
ReplyDeleteI love both outfits! I think you chose great outfits both times and I love how they tie in really well with the original image! :) xx
ReplyDeleteI love both your interpretations of the art. You've really pulled out the essentials to make your looks reflective. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun idea, I love how your wardrobe just lends itself to these paintings. I have serious, serious envy for that Miss Patina blouse. I recently purchased a dress from them and had to send it back, it was so disappointing! Please can I come and play dress up in your wardrobe?
ReplyDeleteDonna x
www.polkadot-pink.com
I love the floral skirt you wore. What a beautiful painting that second one is, never seen it before.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
I love this idea. One day I will join in! I write this to help myself commit. We'll see if it works :-D Your looks are lovely. xo Jazzy Jack
ReplyDeleteGreat interpretations, especially like the pretty blouse in the 2nd and skirt in the 1st.
ReplyDelete