
I had this overwhelming urge to nip into this charity shop on Friday (BAD BAD Kezzie! No clothes needed- money not to be spent!) and had great luck in picking up this brand new skater skirt (tags attached) and gingham top both for £1.49 in the Age concern sale- both will be great swing dance items! As I dressed on Saturday morning, I was delighted to find the skirt was the perfect length and shade for my red tulle petticoat! I then decided to go all matchy with red and electric blue. CBC called me Supergirl, the man who reduces the bread in the COOP (who I met at Hylands house coincidently) asked if I was trying for Dorothy! There were also several girls who giggled at me as I walked along the car park though that could have been due to me tottering along in heels like I was about 90!!! Honestly, after walking the AGES to the car after visiting Grandad, I could barely walk!!!

Hylands house was glorious in the sunshine- I would have happily stayed for hours if we hadn't had to get to Grandad (which I was glad to do). As it was, a 15 minute stroll was very restorative and gave many beautiful sights for my hungry eyes! There was a wedding in the house itself so I couldn't get close for a photo! Think Pemberley and you can imagine it!

It was quite a competition to get my photos taken under this tree. Everyone seemed to want their photo taken under it! Look carefully to the right of the photo below and you'll see the edge of a small child- now THAT girl surely will be a blogger when she was older! Posing like anyone's business- shoulders thrown back, hands on hips! She shamed me with her brazen confidence!

THANK YOU SO much for your kind thoughts, prayers and comments regarding my Grandad. So heartening to know you were and are all thinking of me. I went to see him last night and am going again tomorrow. The consultant was worried about him and thought me might not make it out this Sunday BUT since Tuesday, he's perked up a bit, has been starting to eat (and kept some down) and his speech seemed a bit clearer. The consultant was surprised and pleased. He is a fighter. He's still very ill, he has pneumonia on his left lung and he's got AWFUL phlegm and his esophagus is damaged so he's finding it hard to keep food down as it's blocking his throat and choking him but he's still going and he's always pleased to see me. I am still very concerned about it but I am more rested with it. Please continue to pray as he's got a long way to go and I know you've helped!!!

Linking to Hat-attack with wonderful Style Crone! I LOVE this hat I am wearing in the shots- I bought it in a charity shop in Hexham and I love its 20's vibe- I love the fact I can add all different scarves and ribbons to it to get a different look! Worn here with charityshopped scarf and here with spotty headband. Here I am this time wearing it (hard to see) with a red polka dot ribbon sent to me by Jille! Check out the Style Crone please- She has a SUPER hat on!

I am also linking up to beautiful Citizen Rosebud for the first time with Secondhand first with my three charity shopped items- hat, skirt and top. You can't see also, my yellow satchel was also recently located in a Charity shop in Ely! I really am trying not to buy new things if I can!

and next, Fashion Item Friday with the fabulous Renae who is currently donning some amazing turquoise shoes in her current post!

and I'll also be linking up to Visible Monday with the gorgeous Patti who's got a really interesting article on a plastic surgeon which is very thought-provoking!

These are all lovely bloggers, so do go and visit and link up if you can!!
Oh Kezzie, a vignette is when I layout my clothes flat and take a post pic of them. I don't know what else to call them. Polyvore style or something? One of my fun 'mommy bloggers' told me to do that while I am in recuperation mode. Make sense? Thanks for your awesome visits, each time. (hug)
ReplyDeleteAh some fairly good news on the grandpa front. Excellent! Will keep sending the warmest of healing wishes his way.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is so wonderful, dear. Adore all the bright tones and your legs are so wonderful and beautiful in those pretty tights. You are such a lovely!
Happy week to you and yours :)
I'm glad your grandad has perked up a bit. It's always a worrying time.
ReplyDeleteI think you look fab in red and blue. We all need a bit of superhero in our lives!
Take care of yourself.
Glad to hear that your Grandpa's a little better.
ReplyDeleteLovely outfit, such a splendid contrast with the delicate colour of the cherry blosom tree. x
You look fantastic in that outfit!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this outfit, so bright and cheerful x
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and outfit. I'm glad to hear your grandad has improved a little, let's hope it continues.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics of Supergirl under the blossom! So pleased to hear your Grandad is doing a bit better. xxx
ReplyDeleteDelightful! Bright colors always look good.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous standing by this magnificent tree! Your hat is a stunner and thanks for sharing it and you with Hat Attack!
ReplyDeleteCute dress and bag!!! I love them both! Continued thoughts and prayers for your granddad!
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely!! I love the colors, and you look like you are standing under a cloud! I love that tree!
ReplyDeleteHello Kezzie! You are such a gorgeous creature. Thank YOU for linking up to the monthly #shf, and for being part of some of my favorite bloggers link up. I adore Judith and Patti like nobody's business- so I KNOW you've got great taste! You look so bright and colorful-somebody I would want to say Hey to if I saw on the street. So...hey. And Hello! xo! -Bella Q
ReplyDeleteLoving that skirt, what a buy!
ReplyDeleteYikes! I can't believe you do all that walking in heels. Ouch! You look VERY cute, Kezzie. Prayers for Granddad.
ReplyDeleteOh, I adore this outfit! Lucky you--it appears spring has arrived your way. I can't wait for blossoming trees and flowers! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely, beautiful pictures... Aww sorry to hear about your granddad, hope he is doing a lot better today...
ReplyDeleteHuge bargains at that price, love the gingham top.
ReplyDeleteHope you Grandad is continuing to do well.
Lisa x
Oh your ensemble is tremendous Kezzie, esp. under the wonderful blossoms. My trees seem slow this year. They are barely budding. It keeps getting colder on some days. That purse is dang cute, too.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your grandad is feeling perkier. Lovely blossom tree x
ReplyDeleteTotally lovin' that red+blue combo!! You're too cute!
ReplyDeleteLove the outfit, and how cool is that skirt with a petticoat underneath! I have one but just haven't gotten the guts to wear it yet. I feel like wearing a petticoat would make it seem a bit much, but you clearly show that it is a great addition!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, and such a nice background. :-)
Erika @ www.rejoicefortheday.com
Good to hear that your grandfather is doing a bit better, I am sending healing thoughts his way tonight. And look at the two of us in our blue tights! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.
ReplyDeletethat tree is beautiful! I can see why there was a line for photos! :) Your red and blue outfit is really nice too :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear your grandfather is unwell, but it's good that he is getting better!
Away From Blue
I hope it's okay to say that you look absolutely ADORABLE in that outfit -- I love the red skirt and the pretty blouse. What a fabulous tree -- it must have been at its very peak while you were standing beneath it :) I'm glad your grandpa is a bit better. It's very hard to have aging loved ones. Blessings on you both!
ReplyDeleteWhat a jazzy spring outfit, perfect (as you say) for dancing! You and that tree are both all about youth, and spring and optimism and delicate beauty! A good splurge, so enjoy, darling Kez!
ReplyDeleteYou do look like Supergirl! I just love that tree, I want it in my garden : ) Sorry to hear about your Grandad x
ReplyDelete