
Hi everyone! Shocking that I have managed to post two days on the trot!!!!
I was really keen to get back into some of the fun linkies that I enjoyed doing pre-wedding and moving madness, so I was determined that nothing would keep me from joining in the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday challenge.
Today is someone called Blake Lively. As the time since I last had a functioning TV grows ever longer, I seem to have even less knowledge of those in the celebrity sphere. Speaking of which, we got a mean letter from the TV licensing people 2 days after they tried to call round wondering why on earth we haven't got a TV license. Surely, there are other people without TVs who can live without live TV?
Anyway, I digress (what's new). This rather nice chocolate and vanilla outfit put me in mind of my bunny jumper (ASOS)and cropped brown trousers (Peacocks. Checked pattern, not visible in heinous grainy shot!) and these brown suede boots (second hand). Not really like the original, but it was just inspiration, right? Oh if only I had the sand-coloured mac-type coat that my sister and I both once contemplated in Primark. We both bought it in brown (can't find it!) and decided not to buy the oatmeal which was ridiculous as it was really gorgeous-fitting and £9. In hindsight, we both regretted it and wished we'd just gone for it! Instead, I thought I'd go with a green mac instead!

I am contemplating getting rid of these brown suede boots after today. It was a nightmare to walk in them and my feet were absolutely killing after walking half an hour to school, around school all day and then the half an hour walk back home! Or, reserving them for no walking occasions! Pity, they're about the only second hand boots I've managed to find (and like) in my gargantuan foot size!
I'm feeling pleased that I managed to do marking all the way home, come in and get on with work straight away, cook dinner swiftly when CBC got in, do the washing up, empty the bins and recycling, do a bit of blogging and then back to work! Sometimes, I actually manage to get my get up and go!
Like the shops, I am contemplating Christmas. Don't shoot me! As a music teacher, it is essential to be ready to go for the first week back after the holiday. I've bought the KS1 nativity script and licenses. KS2, I have selected the majority of songs and need to prepare resources, orchestra have already begun learning a carol (they need even more time!) . So once I bid you adieu tonight, I'm off to arrange Angels in the realms of glory for recorder ensemble!
Right, now go and visit the Two birds and the oatmeal clad lovelies!
Oh I hate it when footwear turns out to be a disappointment, uncomfortable footwear is the worstttttttttt!
ReplyDeletePS My boots today are dead easy to walk in, contrary to how they look! Thanks for your sweet comment, I've been trying to make the best of my photographs recently! x
Love the cap and bunny jumper.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!!! Too bad those brown boots aren't comfy--they are fab! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThose culottes look great - give the boots back to charity, it'll make for good thrifting karma, I'm sure. xxx
ReplyDeletePS Ginger cats can be girls although it's rare. This cat's a Norwegian Forest so she's a pedigree and I think her colour's known as "cinnamon" - we can't mention the G word.
i like that you added a bit of color to your look! too bad about the boots because they are lovely on you!
ReplyDeleteHi there! Love your outfit, the hat really makes the whole look too! xx
ReplyDeleteI rarely watch TV these days. I prefer to catch up on iPlayer or equivalent. It does make me laugh that people find if so hard to believe someone doesn't have a TV. That says something about the world we live in!
ReplyDeleteShame about the boots, it's hard to find good second hand footwear.