Friday, April 26, 2013

Slow awakening of a Jane Austen addict!

CBC has a variety of photos of me posing by historical four-poster beds just waking up!  Somehow, I can't resist the pose! The little girl in me still longs to have a four-poster bed as my own!

IMG_7767
We went to a wedding fair on Sunday at our favourite Georgian mansion! It was SUCH a beautiful place to be on a sunny day!  I remembered just how beautiful it is and how lucky I am to be able to come here for free and enjoy it!
IMG_7779
There are a set of beautiful gardens with sundial, cosy benches for trysts.  The gardener's cottage cafe is beautiful with a thriving  vegetable garden during the coming months.  In the summer, one of the gardens is heady with lavender everywhere.  I hope it's blooming during our wedding!

IMG_7768
I mentioned we went to Braintree freeport at the weekend.   I also bought this top and trousers from the Next clearance.  The sum total of both items was £11.  The trousers are fabulous- they have tiny polka dots on them.  I think I love the top because of the neck-detail.  It has that sailor vibe to it that I adore, as do the trousers!  The hat was a charity-shop purchase a little while ago which I adore! I've worn it loads!

IMG_7772

One of my favourite parts of the mansion is this gorgeous stained glass window- it is so vivid and beautiful and is the part I always remember drawing when I sketched the mansion as a 16-year old!
IMG_7771

It was CBC's birthday and we had a fantastic evening of swing-dancing!!!!! I cannot express how much I adore swing dance!  I'm off to Brighton this weekend to spend a day learning lindy-hop! Hope I can learn some new moves well!  The question is: WHAT to wear to the social dance on the Saturday night!?

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning location and gorgeous outfit! I do love your high-waisted trousers and sweet boater.
    Never mind the bed, it's the wallpaper I'm lusting over! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Vix, I love the wallpaper. Those trousers look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place and I love the trousers, they suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:39 pm

    You look so pretty in the second picture Kezzie.
    I have always harboured an irrational fear of four poster beds with the covered top .. seem to have got the idea into my head that it's as good a place as any for murderers to lurk! I must have seen a film or something, featuring just this as a kiddie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a gorgeous mansion! I love four poster beds too, they remind me of old fashioned books for some reason. And happy birthday to CBC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ELEVEN POUNDS?! You thrifting queen, you- outfit is fab!! Hope you have a brilliant time in Brighton :) Let me know if you need any tips on places to eat tasty things/drink fancy cocktails! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful antique bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you need that bed. maybe as a wedding gift to yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come to Hughenden Manor in the summer and we'll get a photo of you in the bedroom there! I love that room, I love Georgian architecture and design. I can imagine how beautiful those gardens will be in full bloom! I love your 40s/70s look, with high waisted trousers and lovely top... oh and that hat is great too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kezzie this outfit is darling! Love it. What a beautiful place! So this is where you are getting married?
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)