Saturday, April 06, 2013

Happy 8th Blogiverssaaraay!

On Wednesday, April 06, 2005, I began my blog! It's been 8 years of waffle a plenty, Enid-Blyton-esque thoughts, a flurry of outfits over the last 2 years, hats in abundance, moans about teaching, poems, book reviews, cards I've made and objects I've attempted, clouds and reflections on my life and being a Christian!  It's changed over the years depending on my readership and what I've been reading but the core values are still there!   I've not celebrated my blogiversary before, but I felt like it this year!

I love reading other blogs and I love the sense of community, the shared experience of blogging, be it the love of cake (Katie), being inspired by an outfit (Twobirds, Bethie, Shybiker, Sophie, Char, Hazel, Denise and more!), sharing our love of Christ (Ang, Rach, Floss, Jan, Fiona  and co), sharing our glee over Vintage (Vix, Mel-Folly Bird, Miss Simmonds, Penny Dreadful, Sharon, ),  analysing and enjoying books (Stephen, Alex), licking muffins (Chris at the Chrlog), the delight of second hand bargains (Sharon, Lakota, Sophie, Meagan etc), cat love (Laura, Hazel, Lisa-Jane), gratuitious food shots especially of tofu (Nicole), Wardrobe zoo delight (Alex and Char), the joy of the outdoors (Louise, Lyn), crafted fun (Katie, Lakota, Vix, Gem, Jille, Tracy, Clare), the difficulties of teaching or training (Louise, Ang, Jille, Floss, Helen), the joy of music (Bethie, Jac, Denise), Doctor Who appreciation (Mel, Stephen) and the just sense of enjoying what each other writes and learning something new! 

I finally finally managed to make it 100 followers (101 actually- edited! Thanks Jane!x)!  I wasn't really bothered by followers at first, but there is that gorgeous sense of 'What did they like about my blog to decide to find the button?'-glee when someone decides to follow you so I am delighted everytime I see that number creep up!!  I'm quite sad that GFC is apparently going so I am hoping to set up some sort of Bloglovin shenanigans and I hope that some of you will decide that some of my witterings are worth coming back for, because I would miss you if you disappeared!


I also hit the 40,000 page view this week which is cool as I am not in googlesearch engines even if titchy compared to you big-guns!

The most popular search terms of all time for me (apart from my name and blog name) are:
10 things to be thankful for - yes appropriate
primark car print - ok, only done two posts on this.
jessica alba no clothes - whaaaaaaat?
modern teen clothes styles for pear shaped girls - I agree with the pear-shaped bit but teen?
jj fever -  I do believe I have a slight crush on Mr JJ Feild
1950's polka dot dresses - yep, agree with this
kids bible mistakes  -  one post 5 years ago?!
julia stiles in the bath - no, no no!!!!
Anyway, as a wee celebration, I have a little giveaway planned.  Do you remember my mint/pale blue beret and gloves from a previous snowy Inspiration Monday?

White and green

Well, I have a duplicate set to give away (aha, forward planning, ya???!)
 I also have a little Cath Kidston cosmetic set (handcream etc) to give away as a second prize!
If you would like to be the stylish recipient of these then:

a) leave me a comment saying thus.
b) please already be a GFC follower, none of this rude random turning up and winning the prize then disappearing (like two previous ones!)

Oh and guess what?  I jumped on the bloglovin bandwagon- hope that doesn't mean I am in googlesearches now!!! Follow me if you dare?!?!!?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
c) You can have a subsequent entry if you decided to add me to Bloglovin!  Up to you!  Thanks to the 24 people who apparently already follow me there- WHO knew?!?! I didn't!!!

Oh and the giveaway ends when April reaches its 17th rotation of the Earth!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Kezzie! You're always a delight to visit and I'm so glad to have found you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you at the Share Your Style Saturday linkup! I love your outfit, so feminine and sweet! And I love the pops of mint. But, what really resonated with me was your description of getting followers and page views. I've only had my blog for 2 weeks and I honestly started it just for myself but like you said, every time you see those numbers creep up, you can't help but smile! It gives you a big boost of confidence! Well, hopefully I can give YOU a smile because you have another new follower! :) Oh! And congrats on 8 years!! I hope I'm still blogging 8 years from now; that's a big accomplishment!

    Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and PS I didn't even see the giveaway!! I love that beret and those gloves (obviously from my first comment haha) I would love to be entered in the giveaway! And I'm already following you on GFC AND Bloglovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 years? Hope I will still be blogging 6 years from now. You are obviously doing something right to have followers so good for you. Blogging is wonderful isn't it. All those people you would never have known if you weren't blogging.
    P.S please do not enter me in the giveaway and good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kezzie ,I too started to blog in2005,September the first ,so you beat me hee hee ,Am I the Jan you mention in this post? how exciting ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 pm

    Eight years! Wow, congratulations! It's always a delight to pop in and see what you're up to. I'm going to have to find out more about Bloglovin' if everyone is going that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiverssary Lovely!!! Please count me in you know I am a follower. I think I may need to get into this Bloglovin stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eight years?! Congrats! And kudos on the 100 followers. Thanks for the mention; that was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary!! Eight years is quite an achievement, I hope you'll be around for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary!! Eight years is quite an achievement, I hope you'll be around for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary! I'm very glad you've kept going for so long; this is such a cheery part of the internet and you're so good at interacting with fellow bloggers! No wonder you've got so many followers interested in what you have to say!

    Katie xxx

    P.S. I am now following you on Bloglovin :) Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blog birthday lovely lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog-record beats mine by 3 years.
    Please enter me in the giveaway, my purple playground duty gloves have worn out and are so holey I cannot wear them for church!
    [If I dont win I shall just have to darn them i suppose]
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy anniversty. and here's to another 80 years. lucy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so pleased Lakota brought us together! You look lovely in the snow, I'm glad there's a duplicate set of the gloves and beret - which yes please, I'd love to win! - because you look so lovely in them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah happy blogiversary (or however it's spelt)! I can't remember if I ever followed you through GFC, I think I had you bookmarked. However I must be one of the 24 on Bloglovin (!) because I updated it a few months back, I find it keeps me right with what I've read and new posts etc I still have lots to catch up from you over the past couple of weeks as i've been a bit ill and not had time to read every day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary, my dear pretty English girl!!! Eight years, wow!!! I have just been blogging two months short of two years! You are my inspiration for tonight, and I am so flattered to have your friendship and readership. You shall always have mine!!! Love, NicoleAndGwendolyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 8th bloggiversary to one of my favorite ladies! I'm so happy we have met via blogging and you are so sweet for the shout out in your post! You inspire me too! Congrats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 8 years?!!! you're amazing, Kezzie. congrats on this huge accomplishment!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy 8th year blog birthday kezzie dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:21 pm

    Happy anniversary lovely and I should like to be in with a chance to win please xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)