This week, I have remembered to join in with Style Imitating Art with Marsha.
She has chosen a very interesting painting by Johannes Vermeer. He of The Girl with the Pearl Earring fame.
She explained her reason for this choice:
I chose this painting from a Substack post. I subscribe to James Lucas’ Substack called “Beauty is Truth.” I don’t pay for it so there are some posts I don’t get to read in their entirety. Anyhoo, he wrote this particular post about “Beautiful Paintings Lost to History.” You can click through that link to read about all five paintings. Long story short (I promise)…this post is about five paintings we will probably never see again. One was destroyed in a fire, but the other four were stolen. When I saw this painting, I was struck by the use of light, shapes, and all the items in the room.
I saw Salazar posted her outfit for this and it prompted me to try and put something together.
I added this fun white smock blouse which I bought from a London charity shop. It has a yoke neck which is quite vintage - looking.
My Miss Patina jacket seemed to match the lady standing at the front of the painting. Oversized and similar in colours.
I wore these Timberland shoes as the match the colour of the cello in the painting.
Notice my musical necklace and earrings. Subtle but appropriate I hope.
The backdrop is messy but appropriate!
Head over to Marsha tomorrow night to see the round up of blog posts!
Xx


How fabulous! I love that you were able to get the photos taken during your rehearsal. I would love to subscribe, but I'm not sure how to do that. When I clicked on the Bloglovin button, I got an error! I hope you join us often!
ReplyDeletehttps://marshainthemiddle.com/
Another lovely outfit.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! I subscribe to substack too (but only read, I don't write) and follow James Lucas
ReplyDelete