I love those idioms we have in language! I remember, when learning German, I used to love looking at my massive dictionary for examples of uses of words. For some reason, I was looking up rain (which I knew anyway) and I saw that the German equivalent was something different. Can't remember what it was but it was something equally interesting.
Anyway, it's been really lovely having some rain these past few days!!! Haven't we needed it after the massive gap between having rain?! We went to RHS Hyde Hall and I was happy walking in the rain!
It was wonderful to water the garden from the water-butt after having showered with buckets since May to reuse the water! I hope and pray we get the rain we need to fill reservoirs this year but without flooding.
It reminded me of a poem I wrote for the Toy Press prompt back in July. I was a bit naughty as the word of the week was either rein or reign and I decided to take a homophone interpretation of it and use rain!
I took the well-known phrase and made a short little rhyme with.
I found out last week that another of my poems has been accepted by Little Thoughts Press in America for their next issue. You can see or purchase (at a pay what you can digital) or a print version of the current issue here. I am really happy about this- this will be my third time in actual print this year!
Back to school tomorrow for 2 INSET days. I feel quite guilty as CBC and my sister both went back yesterday but very grateful.
As I'm feeling a bit gloomy, I will do my customary 10 things I am grateful for about this holiday.
1. That I had a magical swim in the river Stour, and at my local pool, and in Hexham and in the local sea and at the Oasis Pool in London!
2. Got to spend a lovely time taking my Dad out to lunch! And got to spend time with my Stepmum and sister too on a different occasion
3. Had a lovely anniversary walk in the Kent Downs with CBC on our anniversary.
4. Got to see my lovely blog friend Ang TWICE this holiday!
5. Made an absolute glut of Fruit Amber with free apples and blackberries (and in fact, honey too as my MiL was going to chuck it out!) to eat over the next week and to go in the freezer! There's about 14 portions in there at least!
6. FINALLY had a year with lots of tomatoes growing, even though I'm scared of cutting off branches! I forgot how much more tasty homegrown organic tomatoes are!
7. Went back to wonderful Kentwell Hall and the Historic Guest House near Sudbury that we went to in May!
8. Had a lovely time on holiday with my inlaw family!
9. Had a jolly time with my niece, walking a beautiful route I've never done before, then surprised my Mum with a visit together! So grateful she got what she needed for her GCSEs (I know, it's hard to believe she was THAT old now!)
10. I had an exciting cycling adventure with CBC (even if it has given me a hand injury/ssue- pray for me- I hope if it's Ulnar Tunnel/Cycling Neuropathy or Cubital Tunnel that it will go away!)
There are many more reasons to be thankful but here they are for the moment!
Hope you are well!
Xx



No comments:
Post a Comment
Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)