The Toy Press Word of the Week, two weeks ago was 'Lap'.
I decided to write a poem for my Year 2 children for their seaside topic and tried to use a repeating refrain effect. It's very KS1 and twee but here's hoping it has an effect.
Sorry, the return to reality has been exhausting and I had a really awful headache for the past two days which just wouldn't abate so I did little other than lie down... After getting back at 8.20pm after Elizabeth Line delays and then putting together dinner.
Today I'm taking my little year 2 choir on a school trip to a KS1 Singing festival. I've just realised that I get no break though as I finish with year 5 at 12.30 and have to then leave at 12.30 with the Year 2's....ahrgh!!!
Hope all is well with you!
Xx

This poem is adorable. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat's v kind, thank you!
DeleteI hope the headache doesn't return after your busy day.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It lasted 2 days but it was OK by Wednesday!
DeleteThis is cute and appropriate since I'm currently at the beach! (Gulf rather than sea)
ReplyDeleteFeel free to recite it!!
DeleteAre you going to the seaside with them? You could all recite the poem together!
ReplyDeleteAlas, I am not!!
DeleteWhoa... is this coincidence?
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you yesterday -- probably at the same time you were leaving kind comments on my blog -- prompted by a TV report on British organist Anna Lapwood. Have you heard of her? She's becoming famous in your country and I love her enthusiasm for music. The report made me think of you. And now you mention "lap" on your blog as a new word. Wow.
That is a funny coincidence!! I DO know Anna Lapwood. She actually came to play an organ recital at a church near me that had a new organ and they invited her to play it. I'd not heard of her before I heard her in real life but I have subsequently followed her for the past e-4 years or so. She's a great advocate for the organ.
DeleteThe weird coincidence I had just now was I was telling ny husband about the conductor who is conducting the music I am playing this weekend and I said he studyed with Martyn Brabbins and literally, 2 minutes later, the radio announcer on Radio 3 said that the piece we had listened to was conducted by Martyn Brabbins. I NEVER talk about Martyn Brabbins so that was funny!
Wow! This kind of stuff is turning me into a believer in mystical "woo-woo! :)
Delete