Almost five years ago, it was my 40th Birthday in Lockdown because of Covid 19 and many of my dear blogger friends agreed to dress up as Doctor Who characters for my online birthday party which was utterly wonderful as I could not have a real life celebration! It's one of my favourite posts ever. Do go and have a look at the post if you weren't around then or even go and have a look for nostalgia's sake if you WERE around! You can find it here! I'm sad that some of my besties don't blog anymore!
This week, I am returning to the outfit worn in that post. I CANNOT believe I haven't posted it subsequently in the 5 intervening years. I'm turning 45 in the next month. Hmmm, enough said about that!
Let's have a look at the outfit inspiration in question. It was worn by character, Yasmin Khan, portrayed by Mandip Gill in a historical episode called Demons of the Punjab.
![]() |
| Image borrowed from the Doctor Who Companion |
![]() |
| Image borrowed from Blogtor Who |
![]() |
| Image borrowed from the Ultimate Guide to the Fashion of Doctor Who |
![]() |
| Image borrowed from My Shiny Toy Robots |
I wore this last Tuesday for work at school though I took the photos on Sunday to try and exploit the light! I was fed up of not having much TARDIS Tuesday as I couldn't take any good photos so some forward prep was necessary.
It's so nice to feature a Yaz outfit without a leather jacket! Perhaps next time I feature it, I might even get my Mum to imitate the hairstyle!
Hope all is well with you!
xx




I loved that lockdown birthday dress up, a delightful activity which took my mind off packing and moving house. And your friends came up with such splendid outfits. But so glad Lockdown is behind us now! Hope your birthday is just as good this year
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun! Your dalek was hilarious! Very glad Lockdown is over. I hope it will be fun!
DeleteI love that outfit! It looks great on you and one of those go-anywhere things!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I do like a versatile outfit!
DeleteThat's a lovely relaxed look on you, Whistles clothes seem such nice quality. You are lucky having a mum who's clever with hair! xxx
ReplyDeleteI do think Whistles stuff is nice too! My mum is very good with hair. If only she was more local!
DeleteHappy Birthday! I looked back at your post from five years ago - everyone had such fun, by the look of it.
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun! My birthday is later in the month.
DeleteYou've put together a very nice outfit. Happy upcoming birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you for both!!
Delete45?!!! No way ... I have you permanently pegged in your 30s for sure ❤️
ReplyDeleteGosh time zips by at an alarming rate doesn't it? Those lockdowns seem like a life time ago but five years isnt that long. I'm off to check out that 40th post and be reminded of your happy day.
Sending hugs and if the week has been a challenge you're at the half way mark xx
Sadly, it has crept up on me!
DeleteHugs to you too San x
Lovely outfit. I looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will have a wonderful birthday celebration. Life under COVID was unpleasant, especially for celebrations.
Thank you for both! Yes, lots of celebrations were missed!
DeleteYou look great in this outfit. You recreated it so well. I always say how great it is that these Tardis cosplays are so wearable. You can wear doctor Who cosplay to work and just about anywhere.
ReplyDeleteI remember when we dressed like doctor Who. Time flies! Maybe we should do it again this year?
You have one of the cutest smiles on the Internet. And I'm shocked -- shocked! -- to learn your age. You look so youthful I would've bet money you are a decade or two younger than 45. Your obviously joyful attitude helps with that.
ReplyDelete