Tuesday, December 23, 2025

TARDIS Tuesday: Sarah Jane Smith: The Gift

 I've worn TARDIS Tuesday outfits for the past few weeks but again, failed to photograph them so I'm glad to share one today which is a first appearance, Remember back in August, I posted that I'd seen some Doctor Who costumes at the Queen's Hall in Hexham and had got in touch with the costume owner to see if he had an ID on any of the items.

Well, he finally got back to me in October (after a second pestering email!) to say that the tops were both from Marks and Spencer.  





She wears the tops with French Connection jeans and some toe bar sandals which look a bit like Birkenstocks but who know s where they are from!

Images all screenshots from
 https://sjscloset.livejournal.com/20074.html 

Here's my picture from August:


I searched on Vinted for a couple of weeks, finally realising that it doesn't allow you to view more than 500 posts at a time so restricted the number by price AND material and finally found the screen accurate blouse and an alt vest-top (the product code is not the same!)


It was a tense couple of weeks as when finally my Vinted parcel arrived to my local parcel shop, the seller got in touch to say Yodel had muddled up two of her parcels and someone else had my blouse!  She asked me NOT to collect it so it would be sent back but it took at least 3 weeks until it turned back up at her house and I was fretting!  She then sent it to me by Royal Mail and it took 10 days to reach me!


Here I am in the blouse and vest top today! Worn with a pair of my Yaz Khan jeans (not SA)
I wore this whilst CBC and I went out to go and pick up some presents AND a new kettle as last night, I was cooking oven roasted veg and disaster struck! I boiled a kettle  and all of a sudden, all the lights went out in the kitchen. Weirdly, the oven and hob still stayed on but everything else was out!
I finished cooking and we ate dinner and CBC tried to reset the MCB.  It didn't work so I texted my lovely neighbour Martyn who manages to solve and help with absolutely every house/machine disaster we've had!!! He texted and then came round to show us there is a secondary Earth MCB which had tripped because the kettle had died.  Luckily, this morning, we were able to have tea as I also have a lovely stove-top kettle.
By weird coincidence. I discovered that the man who helped me with the costume ID and who owns the screen worn costume was actually a great cousin of my Godmother's husband and I own a book he wrote and my Godmother is spending Christmas with his Grandmother!
CBC just made some delicious potato, carrot and leek soup for us for dinner and we had an amazing fried breakfast this morning! We've tidied and cleaned lots of the house which is good as it was a disaster, annoyingly, as I had tidied and cleaned all the downstairs last weekend and C had wrecked the kitchen cooking for his college course Christmas dinner and for various other reasons!


(head back tomorrow for my annual Christmas song!)



4 comments:

  1. What a crazy coincidence about your costume guy and your Godmother! Your cooker (heavy duty electrical) would be wired separately, that's why it stayed on. Glad that's all sorted . Have a joyful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your cosplay. The white shirt is very nice. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas, Kezzie.
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Kezzie. Happy New Year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blouse is just gorgeous Kezzie, I'm glad to read it reached you in the end. What a relief that your neighbour managed to solve the problem and further disaster was diverted! Wishing you and CBC a wonderful Christmas and a relaxing break! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)