dfdfd
I have worn my rainbow dress again. In case you have missed it. I bought this Madras rainbow-check St Michael's dress in a charity shop about 15 years ago and have never worn it the same way on this blog here every time it has featured- in fact, it has always been my goal to find more ways to wear this versatile dress. Last month, I wore it with a a white logo t-shirt here and I challenged people to give me ideas of how to wear it.
This time, I decided to use Ann's idea for how to style it:
Your Madras rainbow checked dress is gorgeous so I'm not surprised it's still going strong after 16 years. I love how you styled it as a skirt here and I'm looking forward to see you styling it as a top. Perhaps paired with your sailing boat skirt and stretchy belt?
ReplyDelete
Your Mum's finished cardigan is absolutely fabulous! xxx
I don't think I've ever worn it as a top on here so this one appealed to me:
Here's my take on it:
Here I am just after my shower. As requested by Ann, I wore the dress as a top. I wore it with the round neck side and then tucked it into the lovely boat skirt which Ann gave me as a present. As it is quite high-waisted, it worked well with the dress and the length was perfect to hide the skirt!Later, when I went to the library and to drop off soft plastics to the Coop, I remembered to add a stretchy belt- this grey lacy Primark one and a grey Primark cardigan (both ancient) to match to my silver/grey sandals.
Annoyingly, I was awake around 6am as CBC had to leave early for DoE but hadn't packed and hadn't set an alarm. Somehow, I woke up and warned him. He then raged around the bedroom trying to find things! By the time he left, I was thoroughly awake. I got up to make myself tea, read some of my book by Jiri Weil, Mendelssohn is on the roof, and went to water the garden.
It was delightfully overcast so I ate my breakfast and drank tea whilst I read my Bible readings for the day on the swing seat.
After having a shower, I did some stuff, ate left-over Thai food and then cycled to town to go to the library to order the new Hunger Games book. I had a quick look in the charity shop where I bought a lovely Fatface cardigan for my Mother in Law and bought myself a khaki green crocheted crop top. I cycled to the Coop to drop off a load of soft plastics. I bought 2 reduced Broccolis, a Viennetta (classic 80's dessert) and also some Choux pastries for my guests.
I then set to work doing some cleaning and tidying. We've had a bit of an ant problem for the last week and a half and I was determined to thwart them. Mum arrived mid-clean and I cleaned the kitchen floor. We then put some Cayenne Pepper onto the top of where we suspected a nest was. To my delight, since this time, we have not seen any ants!!! I am hoping and praying that is it!
My Godmother and daughter arrived around 7pm. We chatted, ate some snacks and had some refreshments and then I ordered a Chinese. Maria and I went to pick it up and we came back. Had a lovely time with them- lots of laughs! They all went around 10pm.
This morning, I woke up for church, actually earlier than my alarm so it wasn't the usual last minute dash! We had a visitor from Tearfund and I really enjoyed his sermon which was brilliant.
I came back home and had a phone call to my dad. I then went into the garden and did some pruning and cutting back on my roses, Viburnam, Acanthus and then sorted some washing. I then spent some time putting clothes away in the bedroom and hoovering. I also had long phone calls to my Mother in Law and my sister.
This week is another busy one! I have 3 performances at school in the playground, involving 180 children at a time, Exhibition evening at school, a flute trio rehearsal, a Big band barbecue, an orchestra rehearsal, a Gamelan rehearsal AND an orchestra concert- all in 5 days!
Hope all is well with you!
x
P.S.
I found two more posts where I wore the dress in different ways:
September 2021 with a turquoise cardigan
August 2021 as a mini dress.
The remix post - can't seem to resurrect the photos that don't work- sad!
No-one can accuse you of not living life to the full....! Enjoy your week and I hope your concerts go well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a full weekend. I do hope CBC and co were not too troubled by the Sunday afternoon deluge. We were in Dover and got soaked to the skin!
ReplyDeleteWhat an action packed weekend! I'm rather glad I didn't bother planting up my windowboxes this year, I'd never find the time to water them.
ReplyDeleteAnn's suggestion of using the famous Madras check dress as a top is inspured, it looks fabulous! x
Ah, how lovely! It actually looks exactly as I thought it would!
ReplyDeleteWhat a full-on weekend you've had. Mine is looking tame in comparison. xxx
I love how creative you are with your outfits! I'd never be able to think up some of the combos you do. (I'm pretty basic when it comes to clothing)
ReplyDeleteYou had a super busy weekend Kezzie. Good job you're a natural riser otherwise CBC would have been well and truly up the spout!! I'm hoping your current super busy week isn't totally manic and that you're managing some down time just for you, love San xx
ReplyDeleteLovely styling dear!
ReplyDelete