Tuesday, March 25, 2025

TARDIS Tuesday- Ikat

Last featured in August 2021 and originally in October 2020, this Yasmin Khan outfit from Doctor Who series 12 makes me very frustrated! I adore the beautiful ikat top worn by Yaz but can I find where it is from? Nope! So it's been a series of alts! 
Let's look at the inspiration:
My own screenshots but the original images belong to the BBC.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-02-09/doctor-who-can-you-hear-me-questions/


https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/yasmin-khan-can-you-hear-me/


https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sonya-khan

Consisting of a beautiful ikat top, a blue vest worn underneath, her ubiquitous All Saints Leather jacket, jeans, Alex Monroe posy loop necklace and some sort of footwear. 
Anyway, here's my 2025 appearance :
Actually pretty pleased with this. The top is a size 18 top from Peacocks I saw on Vinted for £3. Worn backwards and tied at the waist is the closest I am going to get so far. It's very soft and comfortable. 
As usual, my black trousers, charity shopped jacket and the trainers are my Clara ones. 
The necklace was my 40th birthday present. 

 Here's the top worn alone. 

Had a very hard day at school. My voice has gone again so I struggled all day with teaching my lessons.  Trying not to feel down so... 
Things I am grateful for:
1. Was able to wear alternative coat, not my rain one. 
2. My 1st train came into platform 4 at my interchange station and then my 2nd train was opposite on platform 3. Casually walked across. No mad frantic scarper along the platform, down stairs and along corridor and up stairs with bike. 
3. We've booked a holiday to Madeira for the holiday. 7 nights and a lovely hotel. 
4. My year 2 class were really good at learning their Bartok today! The classes yesterday, not so much but this lot were great! 
5. I've made CBC and I salads for the past 2 days for our lunches and they've been healthy and yummy. 
6. Delicious loaf from the bakery, bought last Friday, is lasting well and great for lunch accompaniment. 
7. I have wild garlic! 
8. I'm so grateful to be home and not be out tonight.  So tired. 
9. Was so nice to see my Mum on Sunday. 
10. Chatted to the nice guy, who fixed my bike chain a while back, on the train home. He also had a cold and offered me a strawberry Strepsil. They are nice!! Grateful to remember the kind people there are everywhere. 
Hugs to you today. 
Xx

12 comments:

  1. A great list of things to be grateful for, especially booking a holiday! When I studied piano as a child, I did NOT like Bartok! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit dear Kezzie.
    Blue and black together is so lovely.
    Using one's voice professionally is never easy. Sore throat is an occupational hazard. Rest and drink tea!
    So nice you're listing things to be grateful for.
    I remember you mentioning that guy who helped you with your keychain.
    So nice you chatted. That's a kind guy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry not keychain but bike chain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your voice recovers soon. Love the ikat print

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:47 am

    I love that ikat top. I've bought a few items from India lately because those prints are irresistible.

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a teacher at a local primary school who had voice coaching and wore a microphone round her neck to save her voice after a year of difficulty (she had quite a 'hard' timbre to her teacher voice). I used one of those when teaching a class with a profoundly deaf child with a cochlear implant. It meant I could talk instead of project.
    I hope your voice recovers soon, don't rush it as it is so important! (Now I'm imagining teaching using only hand signals...)
    I love ikat woven clothes. I still have a 50 year old (now) sarong I got in Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a portable PA which Dad bought me for Christmas last year. It's proved very useful but I d don't always remember to put it on which doesn't help. It's just a constant battle against the croak every week but has been particularly hard this week.
      I have a beautiful gold woven ikat sarong which the Banjar in Penatih, Denpasar gave me as a thank you fir my playing with their Gamelan group for the year. I actually didn't keep all my sarongs which is silly in retrospect!

      Delete
  7. Madeira! We've always fancied going there but never found anything within budget, you'll have an amazing time and its brilliant having something to look forward to! Take it easy with your voice!
    I love that ikat top, it really works being oversized and knotted. I know Monsoon did a lot of ikat in the 2010s, I wonder if Yaz's originated from there (or Fatface?) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also thought that about FF and Monsoon and found things that have the vibe but not the exact article! Should you ever see it/one pls grab for me!!!
      C excited about Madeira!

      Delete
  8. I love how you made that oversized Ikat top work!
    I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with your voice, but I'm pleased to read you still had such a lot to be grateful for.
    Madeira sounds lovely, I'm guessing you'll be going there for your Easter break? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your ikat top was a great substitute. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your voice. Writing a list of things you are grateful for is very therapeutic. Helps to get a good perspective on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better now.

    We spent New Year on Madeira yesrs ago. It's a gorgeous place. I hope you have a lovely time and have a chance to relax.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)