Hi!
It was lovely to have a week off from school but now back to the grind...pity the weather wasn't fantastic but we had a lovely Sunday 15km walk with friends with a great lunch so I really enjoyed the ending!
Let's get onto the main event.
Today, I am featuring another Classic Who outfit from Sarah Jane Smith and it is one, featured for the first time, last year. Last time I wore this on here was June 2023.

 |
| https://bradleybasement.wordpress.com/sci-fi/doctor-who/doctor-who-timelines/the-doctors-timelines-index/the-fourth-doctors-timeline/the-hand-of-fear-tv/ |
 |
| https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/461970874251169940/ |
 |
| https://www.ciaranbrown.com/sladen.html |
I've added a few extra images that I didn't include last time.
If you were here a year ago, the wonderful Ang Almond, blog friend and genius adaptor of garments took a simple jumpsuit for me and transformed it into Sarah Jane's Dungarees!
The outfit has had one of two adaptations which I thought I'd note.
Firstly, when I was in Hexham last week, I found a more suitable top in the charity shop for £6. Last time I wore a thicker jumper and then a knitted short-sleeved jumper but the Joe Brown top I am wearing this time is much cooler and more of a match for the original. The previous two tops were not really wearable in the Summer.
I also wore my Red and white Toms espadrilles this time- they are less accurate than the Clara shoes I wore last time but I wanted something more summery.
I didn't wear a headband last time but I realised I had bought a Fairtrade one last Summer in Alnmouth that would work well for the outfit.
When Sarah leaves the Doctor at the end of the episode, she has all her belongings from the TARDIS including a cuddly owl. Annoyingly, there used to be a similar owl in the loft at WOMOTM's house but it was chucked out before I could rescue it when he died. Luckily, CBC was a big owl fan as a child (and still) and I just borrowed Mr Owl for these photos! He's an 80's owl rather than a 70's owl.
CBC asked me why Owl was downstairs and gave me a rather nostalgic description of how soft his fur was once upon a time. It was really endearing! He loved that Owl!
Hope all is well with you and you have been having a good week.
Did any of you watch Doctor Who, Dot and Bubble this week?
It was a very effective episode in my opinion and a rather cautionary tale about the dangers of absorbing ones self too much in Social Media as well as a horrible take on the vaccuousness and danger of a very inclusive and racist undertone that social media can have if you aren't aware of it.
Poor Ricky September- he was really nice. The only nice one in the episode.
xx
Isn't Ang clever? Those dungarees are fantastic! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable outfit!
ReplyDelete