Tuesday, January 23, 2024

TARDIS Tuesday - Nightmare in Silver

Hello! Welcome to another edition of TARDIS Tuesday.

After 2 weeks of Classic Who, I thought I'd return to contemporary Doctor Who and revisit an old favourite Clara Oswald outfit.


Image result for nightmare in silver clara
Image borrowed from The Doctor Who site

It featured in one of Jenna Coleman's early episodes 

I'm staggered to discover the last time I shared this outfit in November 2020. Can it really be more than 3 years?!?!?!



I wore this outfit for my Stepmum's birthday lunch.  We went to a pub in a village called Eynsford. It was nice food but we had to wait such a loooong time for it to arrive.  There was also a lot of young children in there. They behaved well but it was quite noisy! It was lovely to see my Dad, Stepmum, Sister and her boyfriend only a few weeks after we last saw them and next weekend, my sister and her boyfriend are coming to stay- CBC and he after going to watch De Peche Mode and meanwhile, she and I are going to go out together in London!

This outfit features 3 screen accurate items (the same as last time)- the skirt (from Urban Outfitters) although I've sized up on it, plus the All Saints Axelle jacket. The third item is the Luftwaffer Hat badge which is attached to the jacket.

The jumper is almost identical to the original one from French brand, Sessun (100% Merino wool) but this alternative one is from Boden.  It was a lovely jumper to wear on a cold day as the merino is thin but warm.

My boots are from Clarks (bought new from Ashford Designer outlet) and have a cosy fleecy lining- also good for  a cold day.

Had a perfectly lovely Saturday performing a Haydn symphony no.80 and Mozart's 18th Piano concerto with pianist, John Reid. The wonderful conductor was Tom Seligman who was our former conductor of KCO but he's moved to Germany now. He came back for a few days and asked a few of us to form a small orchestra for the day. Oh how I have MISSED him!  He's such a special conductor and having been conducted by him for over 20 years in various forms plus a good 10 years of him conducting every concert, it just felt right! 

Felt a bit of a twit though. On Saturday morning, I got up, made us porridge, did all the washing up from previous nights, made us sandwiches and then had to hurry CBC.  We were really last minute.  We jumped out the car at the station and the ticket office was shut! I had to try and use the machine. CBC, from the platform called me, and I realised the train was on the platform!  I ran as fast as I could, but had to cross the bridge.  The doors shut and the train departed...with CBC on it and me running shouting, "WAIT, WAIT!" as I ran down.  I couldn't believe it and I was having absolute panicky hysterics about being late for the rehearsal and CBC deserting me!!! Some people on the platform told me  to relax as there was another one in 20 minutes but I said, "My husband is on that and I have his ticket!"  I called CBC who told me I should have just got on the train without buying a ticket and thought I was coming! We had a heated discussion and he agreed to get off at the next more main station to wait for me.  After all that, we made it to the rehearsal on time. Google maps journey planner is overly cautious in terms of timings (and our Central and Victoria line came immediately.  Felt pretty silly about my hysterical reaction but I was always on edge after trying to hurry up CBC to not be at the station at the last minute and  when I'm late, it's one of the things that gets me super anxious and stressed.  Ah well, all's well that ends well. 

xx



7 comments:

  1. I get stressed about train times and tickets too. I remember getting my ticket from the machine at Christchurch Station and it spat out my outward but not return ticket. The woman on the "helpline" phone on the platform told me to speak to the conductor on the train for advice as it was too noisy to hear her. He was lovely, told me not to worry. The asked me to recite John 3:16.So I did, and said "why?" He said he'd seen the Bible in my bag, and reckoned if I knew that verse, I was probably honest. He said I should go to the ticket office at Waterloo and explain. So I did, and the chap there accused me of waiting till after 7 so he would not be able to check till the morning, in a bid to cheat the system. (but my train didn't arrive till after 7) He said he was fed up with dishonest whingers. I would just have to buy another return ticket. I asked to see his senior (gone home) I was so upset at being called a liar. My daughter calmed me down as I was weeping with tiredness and frustration . Fortunately I was travelling for a committee meeting and the expenses lady said not to worry and she gave me the extra fare. But such things are utterly horrid. I think plans to closed staffed ticket offices and make everything mechanised is a TERRIBLE idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps the outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are currently without a priest at our church, but the lay folks who lead morning prayer get sermons to share off of the interest. This week it was one with major Doctor Who references! I thought about you. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are looking great together. I'm old fashion and alway love longer skirts, never the less, it looks great on you.

    I read Angela's comment and feel the same about replacing people with those horrible machines that doesn't have common sense.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can totally empathize with your freak-out, Kezzie! I'd have done the same!

    Love your outfit - it suits you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, it sounds like that scene in The Graduate where Dustin Hoffman is banging on the church windows! Being all modern these days I have The Trainline app on my phone so I can buy tickets on the go, even when I've started my journey.
    Your outfit is lovely, great colours and those boots are a good investment. Walsall's got so bad even our Clarks' is shutting down this weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a thing to have happened. I would definitely have freaked out too, and being late always makes me feel anxious as well.
    Your Clara-inspired outfit is gorgeous and very you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)