Tuesday, September 26, 2023

TARDIS Tuesday- Yaz Khan from Ascension of the Daleks

Hi there,

Hope you are well!

Oof, I feel very tired!  The Autumn-darkness is starting to get its claws into me and making me feel very fatigued and hard to get up!

However, I'm surviving!

For TARDIS Tuesday, I am making a revisit to a Yasmin Khan outfit from a recent series of Doctor Who, series 12, episode- Ascension of the Daleks, an outfit I last interpreted in February 2022 

https://thirteenstardisfam.tumblr.com/post/190988362072

There aren't great pictures available of the outfit but I did find this Gif which was quite clear!

She wears the All Saints Balfern jacket in a red colour, an All Saints floral blouse, white vest top, black trousers and brown boots.


I wore this for school today.  I always thought it was a shame that Yaz's pretty blouses get permanently hidden under her leather All Saints jackets. I like this pretty All Saints floral blouse and very grateful that my friend Ana IDed it and sold me her spare at cost.  It's quite weird because, it was probably made in another country, sold in England, resold second hand to Ana in Russia at cost.  She then sent it back to me in England. Subsequently, I sold her one of my Yaz jumpers. I bought it in the UK, I shipped it to the US for her, it then got sent to her mum in Russia and then her mum will take it to Argentina (where she emigrated to her before the war) if she can visit her at some point. These Yaz clothes are well-travelled.

I wore it with my Clara brown jacket and a very old white vest top and my ubiquitous black ASOS trousers.

Actually, this was quite a good outfit to wear for this current weather with a light jacket. It felt light but I felt covered but breezy! A couple of compliments from children and staff.

Today was a day of Year 5 classes performing rhythm work. I am going to try and spend more time perfecting performances this year, give them a chance to reflect on their work and improve it.

I have two Gamelan rehearsals this week as we have a gig at Westminster hall next week for Indonesia day!

Hope you are well!

Kezzie xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd love to be at your Indonesian gig! It is a very pretty blouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:07 am

      We are only playing for 3 five minute slots (with dancers) but should be fun! I think there will be tickets available if you were in town anyway!x

      Delete
  2. Cosplay or not, that is such a pretty blouse indeed!
    Looks like you've got a busy week ahead of you and what with the days getting shorter and darker, I'm not surprised you're feeling tired. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Leather Weather! The perfect time to wear this, really. It's a great outfit and you really suit this badass style, Kezzie! We're a little lower in the Northern Hemisphere here (49 degrees latitude) but it's also getting darker sooner. Grab all the light you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. The leather jacket is awesome.
    Here it is so hot and sunny, I always get sick when I go outside. Autumn hasn't even arrived yet.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)