Sunday, January 22, 2023

Bird bath

Yesterday, CBC asked me to bring in the bird bath as the water had completely frozen solid and he wanted to make sure the birds had some fresh water. 

I bought it in and after a while, the ice-block was moveable! I picked it up to have a look.

In the bright sun of the day, it looked amazing, especially when you got a bit closer!

There were tiny bubbles coming out from the very edge like sunrays.
Within the middle, was a denser mass which had a cloudy look, rather like trapped clouds.
I really liked the motion of bubbles shooting outwards.





Here it is from a distance!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a very expensive glass dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fascinating are those close-ups, Kezzie! Nature certainly is a great artist! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature can be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice is blog worthy... Just think if ice didn't exist, what we would all miss. Ice is truly amazing for many, many reasons.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing the winter wonder <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happened to the Amy Pond Post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty in nature! It really does look like a fancy glass plate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing! Thank you for sharing this, Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing ice patterns... "CBC asked me to bring in the bird bath" - what's happened to him? Can he not lift?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. Reminds me of glass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful. I love the effect of the bubbles. My hand feels freezing just looking at these photos though!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)