Having shared my post on my New Year fungi spottings, I realised I didn't ever share the photos I took on her half-term 3 day holiday to Suffolk.
On our final day, we decided to go to visit Bury-St-Edmunds via Hadleigh. We parked for an hour, had a brief look in the shops and spent most time walking along the river path. It was here that we spied a few examples of Fungi.
On a fallen log, I spied these minute parasols! they were so delicate and tiny but hard to snap again.
I live in hope for some really different finds, e.g. colour, shape, size, but all the ones I saw were all very bland colours!
These had very tall stalks and really did look a bit like crab shells with those 'claws sticking out!
I live in hope for going to some woods to see some interesting fungi again soon!










Fab fungi photos, Kezzie! Those parasols are my favourite, so pretty and delicate, you can imagine a fairy twirling one. xxx
ReplyDeleteI like the parasols too - I always think of you when I see interesting fungi on my walks with Mom.
ReplyDeleteI like your fungi photos but I also like how nature is an expert at coordinating colors. Brown, beige, tan, yellow, and green. A great color combination.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Julia
I love seeing all of these!! The parasol types always evoke visions of faeries.
ReplyDeleteI'm always on the lookout for some interesting fungi as well and agree that the ones I've come across lately were all a bit bland.
ReplyDeleteThe tiny parasols are lovely, though. I photographed some of these on a tree trunk in Middelheim last year, which wasn't an easy feat! xxx