Behold my outfit worn for my niece's 13th familybirthday party. Yes, she is that old! Shocking!
My sister has done a family birthday party at their home every year since her 1st birthday except for 2020. It's a lovely occasion as it is the only time that my entire blood family is together including my mum and dad and stepmum. I do hope that K continues to love having this family party.
I decided to go comfy as well as smartish.
Today was the day I got my massive suitcases out of the spare room cupboard and swapped over my Summer clothes for Winter. As I did, I spied this Next x William Morris dress which I found in a charity shop last year. Unlike the H&M collaboration, I quite liked the look and feel of this material (it's Viscose but feels nice). It's got big bell sleeves and shirred cuffs. Leggings and stripy socks and then my 70's sheepskin gilet plus Just Sheepskin Ugg-style boots for maximum cosy!
Some big wooden and foil earrings from Esoteric London and my Alex Monroe daisy loop necklace and I was comfy but felt slightly dressed up!
It feels good to have swapped clothes over so I can play with my Winter clothes and see if I can see what works and share anything that doesn't with others.
Past me from Last Christmas thanks me for having grouped all my Christmas themed clothing together in the suitcase so it was easy to access. Present me thinks the big blue suitcase is a TARDIS in disguise as I fitted SOOOO much Summer clothing into it!
Hope all is well with you!
xx

I put all my seasonal things in a separate bag last year, to remind myself to wear them when it's time, but they don't take up room in my closet.
ReplyDeleteLove this cozy outfit, Kezzie! That's such a nice tradition.
Happy Birthday to your niece!
ReplyDeleteI love your waistcoat and the dress looks lovely. I saw that Next were doing a Morris & Co collection but I assumed the fabric would be as nasty as the H&M collection. I shall have to keep my eyes peeled for it now! xxx
I love having vacuum bags to compress my stored clothes
ReplyDeleteLove your outfit. It looks perfect on you. My eldest Grandaughter is 14 in January. They've had a tough couple of years, these new teenagers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful outfit, Kezzie, warm and cosy yet dressed up as well. We don't have Next here in Belgium, so I'll have a lookout for Next x William Morris items when we're in the UK next year! xxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. Being comfortable is important.
ReplyDeleteThis outfit looks super cosy and really suits you.
ReplyDeleteYour vest and boots looks super comfortable for cold days ahead.
ReplyDeleteThe outfit suites you well.
Hugs,
Julia