Tuesday, May 31, 2022

TARDIS Tuesday - Peri Brown's Swan song outfit- Mindwarp

For TARDIS Tuesday today, I thought I'd return to 80's companion, Peri Brown for her outfit worn in her swansong story- Mindwarp which was part of A Trial of a Timelord.

Let's have a look at it:

https://archivetvmusings.blog/2014/10/26/now-i-am-she-alive-within-this-oh-so-wonderful-wonderful-frame-doctor-who-the-trial-of-a-time-lord-mindwarp/

https://www.herocollector.com/en-us/Article/doctor-who-omega-returns 

https://chancenovember.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/trial-of-a-time-lord-2-mindwarp/ 



https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2017/02/04/perpugilliam-peri-brown-trial-of-a-time-lord-mind-warp/

She starts with a pink v-neck, crossover top which she covers up with a pink, white and blue patterned kimono top. On her bottom half, she wears cobalt trousers whcih have a pink patterned tie top. She wears white heels, pink dangly earrings and a white bracelet.

I realised I could probably do a closet cosplay of this look with things I owened, bar the kimono top. However, it was finding a lovely light summer cover-up in the St Frances Hospice charity shop for £3.50 last Saturday, that enabled me to complete this look:
I realised that the pink top I wore for Peri's Attack of the Cybermen  look could double up for Peri's top here and my Cobalt linen trousers (TARDIS blue!???), bought in Florence, Summer 2019 would work to go with them. I used my Japanese kimono cord to wrap round my waist.


In place of Peri's white heels, I added my Aldo sandy heels.  I wore pink starry earrings in place of her pink bunch of grapes. I have purple Amethyst earrings of the same style as hers but they don't show up. My bracelet was a present from a child!

What I initially put on just for these photos ended up being an outfit I stuck with- it was really comfortable and good for the weird weather we had on Sunday! I loved my Kimono top and I love the cobination of pink and blue!
What about you?

I had a lovely day with my Mum. Went over by bike-train-bike-train-bike, visited my sister and niece first and then went to my Mum's and had Spaghetti Bolognese, went for a delightful walk, sat with a cat on my lap and then went home via car-train-bike-train-bike!

Hope you are well!
xx

9 comments:

  1. Any day is a good day when you have a cat on your lap. :)

    I love this outfit, Kezzie! The colours are so good - the kimono is a great bridging piece. Not as sold on the shoes (those white shoes of the 80s were a "lewk") - I think a chunky sandal would make this an everyday summer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit. And I thoroughly approve of all support given to the St Francis Hospice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say exactly the same as Sheila - a cat on your lap makes every day a special one!
    The outfit is fab, I love those linen trousers and the charity shop kimono is perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kimono top. Perfect when you need something light and comfortable. Glad you had a good time with you Mum, sister and niece. It sounds quite a journey to see them but appreciated by all, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreeing with Sheila and Vix on having a cat on your lap!
    Your outfit looks absolutely perfect and that kimono was a great find. I've got only one but I'm on the lookout for more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit Kezzie..the kimono top is quite special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you recreated this look dear Kezzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A napping cat on your lap is a marvellous thing! Glad you had a nice day.
    Great take on the outfit. The pink and blue look really lovely together *makes mental note to wear a colour other than blue* xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)